XenForo ready Hosts

Forsaken

After getting permission from Lawrence whether this would be appropriate or not (Which he gave), I decided to make a user-submitted host post so people can get their XenForo up if their current hosts do not support them.

This isn't a place to post affiliate links, or advertise your own service, but services that fit the need of the community.

--

http://vernox.net - meets all requirements to install XenForo (Installed fine, haven't tested everything yet however, will update if there are issues), and is affordable, as well as fast.

I have been a Hostgator customer for many years. Xenforo installed on one of my reseller based accounts without any problem. It installed with the timeout error with refreshes. After repairing the file with the provided patch a reinstall went without incident.

Jeff

I have been a Hostgator customer for many years. Xenforo installed on one of my reseller based accounts without any problem. It installed with the timeout error with refreshes. After repairing the file with the provided patch a reinstall went without incident.

Jeff
The timeout-refresh "there has been an error" thing happened to me on my VPS as well. What file patch are you speaking of? :)

The timeout-refresh "there has been an error" thing happened to me on my VPS as well. What file patch are you speaking of? :)
Fixed in the current download, just redownload, upload the .zip - unpack it on the server, and run install again.

The js timeout issue basically has nothing to do with the host.

Any Linux VPS host. Any host using standard cPanel or DirectAdmin.

XF has no special requirements, so should work on any half decent Linux based host - if it doesnt, you need a new host.

Any Linux VPS host. Any host using standard cPanel or DirectAdmin.

XF has no special requirements, so should work on any half decent Linux based host - if it doesnt, you need a new host.
It does require MySQLi. Not all hosts have this installed. Quite a few here have had to ask them to install it.

Erik

The patch:

This has been fixed in the download now. To fix it, in js/xenforo/cache_rebuild.js, change:

Code:
{ error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 2000 }
to:

Code:
{ error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 30000 }
You may need to restart your browser to ensure that the cache is updated as necessary.​

It does require MySQLi. Not all hosts have this installed. Quite a few here have had to ask them to install it.

MySQLi is a standard php module - nothing special. If a host doesn't have it, it means they probably haven't updated their software since PHP5 came out, or are incorrectly setting their servers up.

MySQLi is a standard php module - nothing special. If a host doesn't have it, it means they probably haven't updated their software since PHP5 came out, or are incorrectly setting their servers up.
Some of us have to ask because we are on VPS/Dedicated and are supposedly able to do it ourselves. (why I used managed dedicated)

Top Bottom