XenForo optimised VPS environment.

Is Spinx search going to be a default option for all installed xenforo btw, and any other caches towards apache or php being used/ optimized?

How easy would it be for you to escalate a really busy site with 30million posts to a clustered memcached setup for example? I've got a board here with 6 memcached servers, 6k online users average and peaks to 15k, and this setup sounds like it could potentially help cut that media site's hardware setup in half almost if it will use xenforo, and xenforo optimized hosting.

Is Spinx search going to be a default option for all installed xenforo btw, and any other caches towards apache or php being used/ optimized?

How easy would it be for you to escalate a really busy site with 30million posts to a clustered memcached setup for example? I've got a board here with 6 memcached servers, 6k online users average and peaks to 15k, and this setup sounds like it could potentially help cut that media site's hardware setup in half almost if it will use xenforo, and xenforo optimized hosting.

Funnily enough, I was talking about Sphinx yesterday to a colleague of mine. Sphinx is certainly being tested, and I'd be much happier if there was direct Sphinx code/plugin, but it seems to be going well, if not satisfactory, with the current plugin, which is in beta, provided by mjp.

Depending on the situation, and on what hardware you have. Certainly, you are looking at using a dedicated server, and hopefully, with LiteSpeed Web Server (you'll definitely find this beneficial). It should be difficult to move the site to using a distributed memcache setup. Let me have a quick play with Memcache and XenForo to ensure there are no kinks; I haven't seen a XenForo install with Memcache yet, and I am yearning to find one.

Tried - nothing's logged there :/
Then the error happens before it's worth catching by their system. If error.log isn't showing anything, check the web server's .conf file for the error logging level, perhaps set it to 'debug' for the time being to see if it catches it.

I've made a few little adjustments. Can anyone tell me if it's faster or not?

LiteSpeed (from yesterday) --> Current load: 0.00, Max: 0.22, Avg: 0.03

gonna do the test again I did above.

LiteSpeed (from today) --> Current load: 0.00, Max: 0.19, Avg: 0.03

It's a bit faster.... nice one Shamil
smile.png

Hello,

I require 5 volunteers to test out shared-hosted XenForo hosting, and 3 volunteers to test out a XenForo-optimised VPS environment.

If you are interested, would you mind posting a ticket here.

The VPS environment may run Zend Server, to provide additional backing support with Page Caching etc.

The shared hosting, might just have a little surprise, based on my testing of Apache + Varnish Cache and a little Memcache support.

I've read this and your other posts in the litigation threads and I've got to ask...

Do you ever sleep?

Seriously, I'm very impressed with what seems to be a broad range of talents. Kudos.

Oh yeah I think this should be moved to the 3rd party services

Why? I'm sure at some point, this will generate a thread that belongs there, but it seems to me that he's collaborating with the community to develop a service, not actively offer one now.

[LAST SENTENCE WITHDRAWN]

I've read this and your other posts in the litigation threads and I've got to ask...

Do you ever sleep?

Seriously, I'm very impressed with what seems to be a broad range of talents. Kudos.

Yep, I do sleep - just don't need that much of it to keep my concentration levels high :D
My impression as well. I certainly don't see any pricing or offerings (yet).

No formal/official pricings available yet, but coming shortly. Still need to engage full response :)

Another convert here, ran some tests and did a deal the same day, cant wait to get everything moved over to the server in the next week or so.

And by the way Shamil, I have never encountered such prompt and helpful service ever, thank you.

(no we are not related have never met or have any mutual business interests
tongue.png
)

Another convert here, ran some tests and did a deal the same day, cant wait to get everything moved over to the server in the next week or so.

And by the way Shamil, I have never encountered such prompt and helpful service ever, thank you.

(no we are not related have never met or have any mutual business interests :p)

Hi Peter,

I'm glad to see you are liking it :)

Top Bottom