XenForo optimised Dedi-Serv environment

Jeffin

Shamil started a thread on Xenforo optimised VPS environment. I thought I should start one for dedicated servers or are they the same? What could we do to make the most of a dedicated server running xenforo forums?

First thing, find a great technical administrator who actually wants to work hard every day, without that the machine means nothing !!

First thing, find a great technical administrator who actually wants to work hard every day, without that the machine means nothing !!

When I can afford to pay someone, I will hire an admin then but now I am relying on tips from everybody here. When I learn something new, I'll open a support ticket with the hosting company for them to look into it. :D

A dedicated server will be pretty much the same as for a VPS, though, there may be performance-guided optimisations done in the configuration files (not that they aren't done on config files on a VPS).

I am thinking of offering dedicated servers with this. Everything is essentially the same, but it's all scaled up.

Top Bottom