XF 2.0 Get a free development environment for XenForo up and running in minutes

Mythotical

Thanks @Kier I use a Macbook Pro and this is very useful.

So far I have an issue when running vagrant up:
Code:
/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/platform.rb:37:in `downcase': input string invalid (ArgumentError)
from /opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/platform.rb:37:in `block in wsl?'
from /opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/silence_warnings.rb:8:in `silence!'
from /opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/lib/vagrant/util/platform.rb:35:in `wsl?'
from /opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/gems/vagrant-2.0.1/bin/vagrant:123:in `<main>'
That is all jibberish to me. I'm running Mac OS X 10.13.2

Last edited:

Mythotical

Ok so I learned that after enabling BootCamp then removing it caused issues. I upgraded my HDD to SSD and ran it all again, worked fine after I did a fresh install of my OS.

Hi! I followed the guide to install ScotchBox on my computer, which worked fine and was very quick. I setup the config.php file with localhost root:root and I get the following error when running "php cmd.php xf:install" from the src directory:

[XF\Db\Exception]
No such file or directory

Thanks in advance.

Tiki Tiki

Welp, don't install MacOS Mojave Beta if you need to keep this thing running! :eek:
Code:
There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: ["hostonlyif", "create"]

Stderr: 0%...

Progress state: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the host-only adapter
VBoxManage: error: VBoxNetAdpCtl: Error while adding new interface: failed to open /dev/vboxnetctl: No such file or directory
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component HostNetworkInterfaceWrap, interface IHostNetworkInterface
VBoxManage: error: Context: "RTEXITCODE handleCreate(HandlerArg *)" at line 94 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp
I ran out and grabbed the latest copies of Vagrant and VirtualBox...

VirtualBox Installer quits with the following:
Code:
The system extension “VBoxDrv.kext” is not compatible with this version of macOS and can’t be used.
Guess I sit and wait. :cry:

EDIT: Confirmed this is a known problem on the VirtualBox support forums:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=88231

Last edited: