Xenforo not sending emails

Been a while since I installed Debian, but I believe it uses Exim - and the default install of it is only configured for local delivery. You will have to modify it to the "internet" selection if you chose to use the PHP method.
so if i install this Exim, i will be able to send emails to other services ? (batter said, server will be able to send confirmation emails)

If yes, thenk you. And be sure i will look up on this one.
If you can, please provide a few URLs, sure i will search it for myself first (right now), but any additional content won't harm anyone.

Thank you again :)

Exim should have been installed by default.... you will most likely need to configure it. You can always change over to Postfix for your MTA. I find it easier to deal with personally.

i was going to use the basic PHP-based email function
PHP uses the server mail software to send, i.e. postfix to send. Dovecot, or equivalent, would be required if you want to connect PHP to use mail POP3 or IMAP.

PHP is PHP. Mailer softwares do their job, PHP does its job. PHP uses mailer softwares.

Exim with Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/Exim

Read the configure aspects. Install is install... configure you have to do.

PHP uses the server mail software to send, i.e. postfix to send. Dovecot, or equivalent, would be required if you want to connect PHP to use mail POP3 or IMAP.

PHP is PHP. Mailer softwares do their job, PHP does its job. PHP uses mailer softwares.

Exim with Debian: https://wiki.debian.org/Exim

Read the configure aspects. Install is install... configure you have to do.
I got that ;)
Thank you for replying :)

Regards.

Aljaxus did you ever get the mail sorted on your dedicated server? I looked into it myself and saw that setting up a mail server was a whole can of worms. I decided to go for the new g suite from google for $5.00 USD a month. I'm just struggling to set it up at the moment, as soon as I do, I will write a tutorial for it.

I looked into it myself and saw that setting up a mail server was a whole can of worms.
Yes... yes it is. cPanel does it well out of the box. iRedMail too. Both of those you need to tweak things... but honestly, I believe external mail clients are the best (Google or Outlook365).

Aljaxus did you ever get the mail sorted on your dedicated server? I looked into it myself and saw that setting up a mail server was a whole can of worms.
Actually setting up mailcow (dockerized instance on Ubuntu) is rather easy. It's one of the best setups I've found.

I managed to get it working with gmail, and with g-suite you get 2000 emails a day. Plenty for my board, certainly in the short term anyway.

Here are the settings for anyone else in the future
choose SMTP in the e-mail settings of xenforo
smtp.google.com port 465
username@yourdomain.com
password **yourpassword**

I managed to get it working with gmail, and with g-suite you get 2000 emails a day. Plenty for my board, certainly in the short term anyway.

Here are the settings for anyone else in the future
choose SMTP in the e-mail settings of xenforo
smtp.google.com port 465
username@yourdomain.com
password **yourpassword**
Yeah... Sorry for the pretty late reply :censored:

This is also how I got the things going... well... Excluding the gSuite - I just used normal STMP from gmail and an no-reply account ;)
easy and free - and 50 emails/day is enough for me right now.

Top Bottom