xenforo lookalike site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maidos

my friend liked the xenforo forum design concept so much he got inspired designing the similarity of it :)
He uses the free cms called e107 and since cms has features xenforo doesnt have he felt it would be wasted efforts going over. so in the end he decided to make a new design even changing some features like thanks button to like lol

http://www.8051projects.net/forum.html

That is a blatant ripoff.
I agree.

Wow, as I dig deeper and deeper, it copied just about everything.. Look at the thread previews, forum descriptions tooltips, likes bar, Share This Page, Membercard etc. and much more

Much more than a inspiration, exact copy...

I spent some time looking around to see if maybe they left some sort of thanks, or credit to Xenforo. They didn't, therefore my advocation has been lost, despite how good it is.

An inspiration from xenForo would be IPB making their notification system similar to xF while retaining IPB originality. This is blatant ripping.

Even went as card as the member card and thread previews haha, where's peggy's spankin smiley.

The site looks terrific. But that's because they have blatantly copied the awesomeness of xF. I don't see why go to all that trouble to copy xF when they could have just purchased it for 140 bucks.

The site looks terrific. But that's because they have blatantly copied the awesomeness of xF. I don't see why go to all that trouble to copy xF when they could have just purchased it for 140 bucks.

Read the first post.

"He uses the free cms called e107 and since cms has features xenforo doesnt have he felt it would be wasted efforts going over."

When i have seen this, i thinked: "Wow, a Xenforo board well customized!". I don't understand what forum board use this...

(And i like the fake stats ahahah)

my friend liked the xenforo forum design concept so much he got inspired designing the similarity of it :)
He uses the free cms called e107 and since cms has features xenforo doesnt have he felt it would be wasted efforts going over. so in the end he decided to make a new design even changing some features like thanks button to like lol

http://www.8051projects.net/forum.html
Did your friend write their own framework?

Hi everyone,

I have added the attribution to xenforo for the design. I am using e107 forum and did not write any framework for it. I cannot match up with the features of xenforo. I tried i could possibly do.

My javascript is not that good, it has bugs :) I used Jquery with Jquerytools to make something closer to xenforo.
--edit--
Well i forgot to tell the reason why i cant use xenforo, I have a lot of topics but there are not ports available for e107 forum to xenforo. and $140 is too much for me. I dont have much of income source right now to hire a coder to port e107 forum data to xenforo. also i would require a bridge interface.

My site provides information on electronics and microcontrollers. All my visitors are electronics lover none of them are into designing. So i cant even take help from them. For me, PHP and Javascript is my hobby, so i do designing in free time. By profession i am an embedded programmer (RTOS, BIOS, Linux etc).
--end--

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom