XF 1.2 Xenforo Logo Showing in Links

TheSalt

Hello Gang!

I changed the favicon for my forum a while ago but I was wonder how to change the image that is showing up when I share my ULR on facebook, and on Safari on the iPhone bookmarks. I feel like maybe this isn't what you would call a favicon as the favicon I'm using I made at one of those 'favicon image converting websites' and it's super small? These icons are much larger. I'm sorry for probably explaining myself horribly. Do you know how to change these images?

Many Thanks!
Nick
www.californiareefs.com

This is what shows up on a Facebook Timeline when I share my ULR
Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 12.29.09 PM.webp

This is what shows up on Facebook when I share the ULR in a PM
Screen Shot 2014-02-24 at 12.29.44 PM.webp

This is what shows up on Safari bookmarks on my iPhone.
IMG_16272.webp

@Brogan! That is one heck of a FAQ. If it's not too much trouble can you point me to the right section. I don't have the language down yet so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.
You can search the page using your browser. Press CTRL+F to bring up the Find in page box, then type in 'logo' or 'facebook; and it'll take you down to the relevant bit.

You can search the page using your browser. Press CTRL+F to bring up the Find in page box, then type in 'logo' or 'facebook; and it'll take you down to the relevant bit.

Thank you for trying to help me! I'm not sure if that is a Windows thing but it doesn't seem to work for me. That would be a huge help though.

root /styles/ default/ xenforo/ logo.og.png I'm pretty sure that is it. It looks like the Facebook servers take a while to update so I'm not sure it did the trick. We'll see!:whistle:

Thank you for trying to help me! I'm not sure if that is a Windows thing but it doesn't seem to work for me. That would be a huge help though.
logo.og.png is what you are looking for. It must be 200px x 200px and located normally in your /styles/default/xenforo directory (if using the stock style). If using a custom style it will be in that style directory.

EDIT:
I see you found it. :D

@Tracy Perry yes, thank you! I just checked the iPhone and it is working! Thanks a bunch. I promise I try my best not to bug you guys. I Google as much as i can but sometimes I don't know what it is I'm looking for. Have a nice day people! :rolleyes:

@Tracy Perry yes, thank you! I just checked the iPhone and it is working! Thanks a bunch. I promise I try my best not to bug you guys. I Google as much as i can but sometimes I don't know what it is I'm looking for. Have a nice day people! :rolleyes:
@Brogan's resources (FAQ, etc) are usually the go-to place to look first. If you can't find it there, odds are he hasn't answered it before. :p

Top Bottom