XenForo License Verification

XenForo License Verification 3.5.0

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

XenForo License Verification - XenForo License Verification

This add-on allows you to verify the XenForo License validation token of your visitors either during registration or after.

There are options to require a valid license to register (and this works even when registering via a connected account), as well as requiring a unique license or customer.

Read more about this resource...

How does verify after registering work?
I cannot seem to find any options for that other than just leave the registrations boxes unchecked.
I would like to be able for members have to enter their key before their 1st download.
Is this possible?

How does verify after registering work?
I cannot seem to find any options for that other than just leave the registrations boxes unchecked.
I would like to be able for members have to enter their key before their 1st download.
Is this possible?

Yes, that's the general idea. You disable the registration requirements, and then set the default usergroup to not have permission to download stuff.

Then you set the licensed usergroup to allow users to download. Users will be added to that usergroup when they verify their license (for which there is a link in the visitor menu).

Liam

Yes, that's the general idea. You disable the registration requirements, and then set the default usergroup to not have permission to download stuff.

Then you set the licensed usergroup to allow users to download. Users will be added to that usergroup when they verify their license (for which there is a link in the visitor menu).

Liam
So is there a box that pops up asking for license validation when a user tries to download or do they need to use the link in the visitor menu to validate? If not then can I make that a suggestion? ;)

So is there a box that pops up asking for license validation when a user tries to download or do they need to use the link in the visitor menu to validate? If not then can I make that a suggestion? ;)

Well, it depends on how you make people download. In general, you would just add a piece of text on the download page, or maybe even the no-permission download link linking people to the verification page.

Liam

I found the error template where the permission error derives from, but it is generic for all errors.
How would I replace the default text with a different phrase for validating without changing every error?
It want it to say something like... "The Xenforo license needs to re/validated before downloading." and plus the link?

I found the error template where the permission error derives from, but it is generic for all errors.
How would I replace the default text with a different phrase for validating without changing every error?
It want it to say something like... "The Xenforo license needs to re/validated before downloading." and plus the link?

I meant edit the template that contains the download button to change the text displayed there (IE, change the phrase).

Liam

I am not using resource manager, it is just attachments.
I really do appreciate the help!

Liam W updated XenForo License Verification with a new update entry:

Feature Changes & Bug Fixes

• XenForo license details displayed to end-users after verification
  • End-users can remove their license details
  • End-users can update their verification token before verification expires
  • XenForo license details shown on admin user edit
  • Added XenForo customer and license token fields to the admin user search
  • Improved phrases
  • Re-worked code structure

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello,

I think it would look nicer if XenForoLicense domain is deactivated it is not displayed either.

liamw_xenforolicenseverification_verify_license
HTML:
        <xf:if is="$user.XenForoLicense.domain">
            <xf:formrow label="{{ phrase('liamw_xenforolicenseverification_domain') }}"
                        explain="{{ phrase('liamw_xenforolicenseverification_domain_explain') }}">
                {$user.XenForoLicense.domain}
            </xf:formrow>
        </xf:if>

@Liam W ,

could you adjust the template changes for the current stable, please? On a 2.0.11 it doesn´t show anything on the register form.
Thanks!

I think I fixed that locally in 3.1.2, but didn't release it. It's pushed to GitHub if you want to build it locally, or you can wait. I'm currently rushing an assignment due tonight, so it'll be tomorrow before I do a release.

Liam

I think I fixed that locally in 3.1.2, but didn't release it. It's pushed to GitHub if you want to build it locally, or you can wait. I'm currently rushing an assignment due tonight, so it'll be tomorrow before I do a release.

Liam
Thanks for the feedback, Liam. I´ll sit and wait - tomorrow is just around the corner ;)

Code:
#0 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(119): GuzzleHttp\Client->invalidBody()
#1 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(131): GuzzleHttp\Client->requestAsync('post', Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Uri), Array)
#2 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(89): GuzzleHttp\Client->request('post', 'https://xenforo...', Array)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/XFApi.php(63): GuzzleHttp\Client->__call('post', Array)
#4 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/Service/XenForoLicense/Verifier.php(106): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XFApi->validate()
#5 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(38): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\Service\XenForoLicense\Verifier->isValid(NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionXenForoLicenseUpdate(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'XenforoLicenseU...', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2170): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(392): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Code:
#0 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(119): GuzzleHttp\Client->invalidBody()
#1 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(131): GuzzleHttp\Client->requestAsync('post', Object(GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Uri), Array)
#2 src/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Client.php(89): GuzzleHttp\Client->request('post', 'https://xenforo...', Array)
#3 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/XFApi.php(63): GuzzleHttp\Client->__call('post', Array)
#4 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/Service/XenForoLicense/Verifier.php(106): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XFApi->validate()
#5 src/addons/LiamW/XenForoLicenseVerification/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(38): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\Service\XenForoLicense\Verifier->isValid(NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionXenForoLicenseUpdate(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'XenforoLicenseU...', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(LiamW\XenForoLicenseVerification\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2170): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(392): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Please could you provide the actual error? Are you using 2.1.0?

Top Bottom