Resource icon

XenForo License Validation 2.0.0

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

XenForo License Validation - Validate the XenForo licenses of your members (for some reason...)

This addon allows you to verify the XenForo licenses of your members.

There is a nice front-end UI that allows a user to enter their API token and domain.

The admin can set these options:

View attachment 67756

The API key will be saved to the database if the option is enabled (it is by default), and you can require a unique API key to be provided (will only work if API's are saved).

You can also require the domain to be the domain for the API key.

Finally, the addon will also check...

Read more about this resource...

> Finally, the addon will also check licenses every X days, and if they're no longer valid then the user will be removed from the usergroup.

So what happens if someone updates their token? I know I do everytime after I give it out to prevent it from being shared.

> Finally, the addon will also check licenses every X days, and if they're no longer valid then the user will be removed from the usergroup.

So what happens if someone updates their token? I know I do everytime after I give it out to prevent it from being shared.

Then when it is checked it'll be marked as invalid unless it is updated with the new token.

Hi Liam

I'm very sorry but your addon doesn't work as expected. If I use "Require Unique API Key" and I regenerate my Validation token I'm able to create another account with a new validate XenForo license. I set the Renew API Checks to once a hour but nothing change. All three test accounts got a validation and it is no problem to regenerate the Token again and again.

Do you check the Validation token or do you check the License token?

And it would be very good to get the information "Customer token", "License token", "License is valid" and "License can be transferred" in your XF License Details too.

It is not very difficult to find License Validation Token in the Internet so it would be very good to know your addon works fine ;)

Thanks for support

EDIT: If I save my old information manually again at the Validate XenForo License in my account I got "The token you entered was invalid. Please check the token (and the domain entered) and try saving again." and this is correct. But this don't happens after the cron check.

Last edited:
If you regenerate the API key, it becomes different to the old one, meaning it technically is unique.

I guess I could check and store the customer token, and add a require unique customer option.

Also, the cron entry only runs once a day and the setting in options is in days.

Liam W updated XenForo License Validation with a new update entry:

Updated to 1.2.0

http://xf-liam.com/threads/version-1-2-0-released.87

XF Liam said:
Version 1.2.0 has been released.

This version fixes a styling issue with the overlay, and also returns an error if you have set the addon not to add users to a usergroup by default (only if the license is transferable).

This version also allows you to require a unique customer for validation.

http://xf-liam.com/link-forums/download-now.57/

Liam

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you very much for the new version. This will be very helpful.

Now the only missing thing is
And it would be very good to get the information "Customer token", "License token", "License is valid" and "License can be transferred" in your XF License Details too.
Will this also be possible to include? :D

Top Bottom