XenForo License Validation API: get active/inactive license status

Status
Not open for further replies.
But expired licenses are perfectly valid. You don’t need to renew your license to keep on using the software. With this, you’d be denying people that don’t want to renew their license access to the areas of your site that require a license.

That´s not the point, Liam. Expired licenses are perfectly fine to use. The problem is, that scammers and software pirats use expired licenses to register and license software on third-party sites, just to publish them on pirate sites for free. I´ld like to be able to have an option to decide, wether I want to license my products to holders of inactive licenses, put those in moderation queue and check them manualy or even deny licensing.
Sorry for my question, but did you hire someone to help you measure how much financial loss has been made by such piracy on your site by inactive XenForo License owners? (This procedure is to, just in case, make sure your decision of asking such feature here is not led from your over agitation.)

The XenForo suggestions forum is for suggestions regarding the software itself. The license validation API is not part of that.
And the API part likely belongs to the topic of XenForo marketing, if my assumption is correct.

P.S.: Are you the ThemeHouse webmaster? I saw your UI.X themes got pirated a lot.
(I use my own themes customized by myself.)

reads different for me. Anyway, I don´t wanna deal with a hair-spliting match. Someone please just delete this thread.
You are overagitated, bro. Unless you are the product maker who has his product been pirated a lot, I can hardly figure out why you are so agitated like this.

I suggest you to go to twitter or use other procedures to talk to Kier or other devs directly. This forum, to me, some times, is not that responsive as what I supposed.

reads different for me. Anyway, I don´t wanna deal with a hair-spliting match. Someone please just delete this thread.
That relates clearly to “XenForo” itself as the software product, and doesn’t include specific systems which are internal or specific to this website including the customer area, license validation, ticket system and so on hence why it was moved.

While a reasonable suggestion, we have no plans to reveal a customer’s license state beyond the information we already provide.

As this thread has taken a less friendly tone and we have no current plans to change this we’ll lock it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom