XenForo license use

mljother

Just wondering how it works, since it means the difference between needing to purchase two or one.

I have two sites, one is a business and one is personal. They're both on the same hosting account, meaning I have one on my site root, whereas the other is in a subfolder with the .htaccess rewriting the URL. Since these are two different domains, does that mean I need separate licenses, or can the same license be used for both sites? I know this is obviously stretching it, but I was just wondering.

Please don't hurt me. :(

You need a separate license for each installation.

The terms of the license however do allow for an additional test installation.

Before deploying the Software, you must register in the XenForo.com customer area the address (URL) at which You will use the License. This URL must be kept up-to-date. You may create a single additional test installation for the purpose of testing the Software. Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to You and Your website staff.

You need a separate license for each installation.

The terms of the license however do allow for an additional test installation.

Okay, the testing license, however can be completely local? I wouldn't want to put a test site on the internet, unless it will eventually become my main site. :D That's what I figured, but I had to ask. I have learned as a student that not asking means you'll never know! Thanks a lot, I am still waiting until there's a demo of sorts so I can really play with an installation and get a feel for it, but I absolutely love the community and mods I've seen. Unfortunately, I can't really see how styles are since I do not have access to view the images. :(

So can that be my suggestion? Allow none license carriers to at least view images in the paid sections? Or at least in the styles section?

Using the excuse of a 'test' license to hide behind, for a second instance you're using as a real site.. voids in my opinion the purpose of "test".. and therefor should require it's own license.

Top Bottom