Xenforo Licence

Myself and two other administrators currently joint-own a writing forum running on vBulletin. We're in the process of moving towards Xenforo later in the summer, and at the moment we're trying to find out if we need a Xenforo licence for each named owner, or whether one licence will suffice for all three of us. I've tried to find information online about this, but have come up short so far.

Any advice would be great.

Okay, that makes sense. The person who purchases the licence will be the owner of the licence. So, essentially, we can't joint-own one licence. Gotcha.

But for all intents and purposes, we'll all have access as licensed users with the same access as each other to perform updates, make changes, etcetera?

Correct, once one individual purchases a license, he/she can log into their customer area, associate their forum username with the license, and add the other two as authorized users on the account. I don't believe they can download from the customer area however.

Sorry, complete noob alert.

When you say "download from the customer area", what would we be downloading to start with? Other Xenforo packages like the Media Gallery or the Resource Manager? Or something else?

You would be downloading the XenForo package/updates and any official addons you purchased. Any names associated with the account will be associated with your customer account and given access to customer-only forums in the XenForo Community. Note that their behavior and actions on the forum may be reflected back to you; only associate users that you trust. Access to the forums may be revoked at any time for any reason.

Only one person can access customer accounts, unless of course you give them your email and password.

You can however add multiple forum users to each license so they can access resources and post in the customer forums.

This is already stated in the FAQ:

Why can't I post, view or download attachments in the customer forums?
These forums are restricted to licensed customers only. Up to four forum user names can be associated with each customer account, enabling license owners to grant access for their site staff.

Top Bottom