XF 2.1 Xenforo Landing Page / Splash Page - Possible?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 91401
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 91401

Hi, there's a forum currently using xenforo that has their homepage as this: https://darkpid.com/

1V48Se9n.png

How have they got the page to display that way? When I create a page with no parent I get this effect instead:

1V49ljqZ.png

When you click the page title it then shows the page content, but I don't want that, I want the content to just show on the homepage. Any ideas?

If you want a homepage just create a page node, edit it and then got to Options > Basic board information and edit this:
View attachment 222730

And this:

View attachment 222731

@BassMan hey bro, the only problem I'm having is this.

My forum is "invite only" meaning, unregistered/guests see the main node-page now thanks to the index page route.

The issue im encountering is when I set permissions so other people don't see that specific node (registered/logged-in), they end up not being able to see the node list at all.

Any idea what im doing wrong?

Set permission for that node to View the node.
Don't think I'm explaining myself properly.

Now all members get re-directed to that new node. So when I disable permissions for anyone but guests/unregistered to see it, it stops all the normal users from being able to see the rest of the forum an error is displayed stating "you do not have permission to view this".

I want it so that all normal/registered users don't have to see that node which is being used as the index page, I want all registered members to instead bypass seeing that page and just the forum/topics page.

Not sure how to achieve this.

Not possible on this way, but you could use usergroup based conditionals and edit your template.

I've kinda found a work around.

I've hard coded all my templates to instead of redirecting to "board.URL" it re-directs to /forum/topics, which is the main page for anyone logged in.

I've added an additional "home" button in public navigation with the view condition of unregistered/logging in and set that as the page navigation tab to be highlighted for the node im using as a splash page.

I've also added another "home" tab again display conditioned to registered/logged-in only. It works quite well.

Like I say my only gripe/issue is that if a registered member does for any reason directly access /forum then they see the splash page I want only visible to guests, when really what I want is for them to be re-directed or for them to just not see that node.

I'm wondering if putting the node inside a category would make any difference but im assuming not.

I meant take your global template or however it was named in XF2 and basically split the main content area into two parts. The one that guests see and the one that logged in members see.

Already did that on a members only site in the past and it works fine when you're doing it right.

I meant take your global template or however it was named in XF2 and basically split the main content area into two parts. The one that guests see and the one that logged in members see.

Already did that on a members only site in the past and it works fine when you're doing it right.

Not the slightest idea how to do that man, little out of my depth :( if you're willing to help I can offer you some monies if its a hard job.

Exactly on point with what I want to do.. put the log in/registration with site information on a homepage splash screen and then redirect to a members only area for people with access.

This is exactly what we would like to do, have a homepage with site info and then redirect to members only once logged in.

Is there anyone around who would be able to explain how to achieve this please? Thank you

Top Bottom