Not a bug xenforo.js deprecated statement?

TPerry

Don't know if this is specific to my server or not (but it probably explains why the FaceBook recommend feature is not working) on 1.3 BETA 2. If this is not a bug can it be moved to the appropriate area please. Notice the body.scrollTop deprecated comments - and the GET failures.

screenshot.webp

EDIT: OK, a little more research indicates that this may be related specifically to Chrome (it shows the stuff fine in Safari).

Last edited:
The first two GET failures are down to advert JS and Skimlinks JS.

If they aren't in the page, do the errors go away?

There's something going on more than that. None of my facebook related stuff shows up on my 1.3 site nor my 1.2.x sites in Chrome. They work fine in Safari. Same problem here. All I see is the Tweet/G+1 icons on the Share This Page. That IS a problem.

The Skimlinks and advert I don't really worry with. Disabled the Skimlinks add-on and that one went away.
With all add-ons disabled in the config.php and a default style this is what still shows.
screenshot.webp

If you are seeing those problem here and on my site then it's not an issue with your installation.
The problem is with your device/browser.

I'm on Chrome 32 on a Windows PC right now, but all weekend I've been on Chrome on a Macbook Pro and all seems ok.

Try with another device and also another internet connection if possible... e.g. maybe try using your phone internet as a personal hotspot via your Mac Mini if possible.

If you are seeing those problem here and on my site then it's not an issue with your installation.
The problem is with your device/browser.
That's why I said it was in Chrome and displayed fine in Safari (in the edit). :)
Apparently Chrome uses Strict Mode (hence the deprecated statements) and I haven't found a way to turn that off.:unsure:

OK.... just created another account on the Mac and loaded Chrome and it worked.... so apparently something is living in wonky land on my profile. Time to delete/remove Chrome and go a new install.

Carry on my wayward sons!

OK... a reset to default settings for Chrome solved the problem!

EDIT: Apparently even disabled, Avast add-on in Chrome doesn't play nicely. Re-enabled it and it went wonky again.

Apparently buried in the settings is an option to Do Not Track for social applications and it causes a problem.

I still get the deprecated statements though even with Avast disabled.... even though it is just an informational notification it may need to be looked at.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OK... a reset to default settings for Chrome solved the problem!

EDIT: Apparently even disabled, Avast add-on in Chrome doesn't play nicely. Re-enabled it and it went wonky again.

Apparently buried in the settings is an option to Do Not Track for social applications and it causes a problem.

I still get the deprecated statements though even with Avast disabled.... even though it is just an informational notification it may need to be looked at.

Thanks!
Weird, I'm using the same version as you and Deeming, even with DNT enabled, it works correctly.

It's a shame really, the Chrome (Google) team are making some really crappy decisions lately, trickling down changes that affect the stable version in terms of compatibility.

The decision to fork WebKit and create Blink will also cause problems in the future, I guess.

Top Bottom