Xenforo Is The Easiest Forum Software I've Ever Used

DRE

I love the fact if I have an idea, I can usually implement it by myself with no php knowledge. All it takes is a rudimentary knowledge of CSS, lots of resource thread reading and your good to go. I still feel like a noob in the fact that I have to ask for php or server help every now and then but everything else I've figured out makes me feel like a master. Xenforo gives me confidence as a webmaster, designer and administrator. It's a really good feeling when you want to change something real quick and know you can. The community of developers may not always be easy to talk to in person but they have provided lots of resources that give us the answers we need.

Being able to do what I want when I want can get addictive. It's why I customize my site so much. My first and foremost talent is art. I used to love drawing. Xenforo is a canvas where we can run free and be as creative as we want. I've seen a lot of great sites and xenforo designs. My forum design experience is limited to vBulletin 3, 4, MyBB and NinjaPost and I can honestly say Xenforo is superior to them all. At one point I wanted to experiment with IPB, vanilla forums and VB5 but I don't care anymore I'm good where I'm at.

Interesting. I saw it took a long time to load during a webpagetest.org test last week. Not sure whats going on.

I love the fact if I have an idea, I can usually implement it by myself with no php knowledge. ... makes me feel like a master. Xenforo gives me confidence as a webmaster, designer and administrator. ...
Being able to do what I want when I want can get addictive. It's why I customize my site so much. My first and foremost talent is art. I used to love drawing. Xenforo is a canvas where we can run free and be as creative as we want. .

Nice to read this DRE. I feel the same - my forums are one of my art forms.
I was the girl at school - many years ago in the 50s and 60s who was 'only' good at Art and English (writing). I was told endlessly that art was useless and I must do practical subjects. To be fair my formidable mother was determined that I as a girl would always be financially independent in a time when that was unusual for upper class girls like me.

Well in that she was gloriously right - way ahead of modern feminism for placing me in independent freedom earning my own money and owning my own property when my friends did not.
But about art she was gloriously wrong! I think few things have been more useful in running a business. I design all my own advertising, brochures, support guides - and by 1996 my own websites. A trained eye for spacing, balance, and psychological impact of images is invaluable.

As a webmistress admin I think of myself very much as an artist - an artist technologist I suppose.
William Morris the great champion of custom design, and the crafts movement, against Fordism and the mass market degrading of design and workers, would definitely have approved of XF. Tools to equip people to MAKE are at the root of human health.

Nice to read this DRE. I feel the same - my forums are one of my art forms.
I was the girl at school - many years ago in the 50s and 60s who was 'only' good at Art and English (writing). I was told endlessly that art was useless and I must do practical subjects. To be fair my formidable mother was determined that I as a girl would always be financially independent in a time when that was unusual for upper class girls like me.

Well in that she was gloriously right - way ahead of modern feminism for placing me in independent freedom earning my own money and owning my own property when my friends did not.
But about art she was gloriously wrong! I think few things have been more useful in running a business. I design all my own advertising, brochures, support guides - and by 1996 my own websites. A trained eye for spacing, balance, and psychological impact of images is invaluable.

As a webmistress admin I think of myself very much as an artist - an artist technologist I suppose.
William Morris the great champion of custom design, and the crafts movement, against Fordism and the mass market degrading of design and workers, would definitely have approved of XF. Tool to equip people to MAKE are at the root of human health.
I skimmed past that part in Humanities Art but I know what you mean. You've done a really job on your site. I'd love to sign in and check it out sometime but you deleted my account...

I skimmed past that part in Humanities Art but I know what you mean. You've done a really job on your site. I'd love to sign in and check it out sometime but you deleted my account...

Thank you kindly sir - but you are NOT deleted - you're a full Companion (full member).
PC on the way.

Reactions: DRE
Top Bottom