XenForo is more active than vBulletin

Yes clearly honeymoon period. It's the attraction of the new stuff ;)

Once the baby will be born there still be that attraction but as user will start playing around it will differ a bit.

I agree, everything is shiny, new, exciting, and good users, posting good things.
A good community mood is 50% of the reason a site is working, active, and worth visiting.

Yeah, there is certainly the honeymoon effect seeing that the software is new and exciting, but honestly I think even when it is released the forums will be more active than vB's. You can just tell this is a lively, active, and passionate community, otherwise we wouldn't be here talking about a piece of forum software that isn't even released yet. :)

Eric, I agree, why? Because this is just the first alpha.

It will eventually have more info, more news, more downloads, more company pages, prices and purchase page, etc.

It's only growing, so it will take a while before that honeymoon effect is over.

I think vB 4 wasn't as well received by the community as hoped, causing a lot of former customers to move to either IPB or another solution.

I agree, everything is shiny, new, exciting, and good users, posting good things.
A good community mood is 50% of the reason a site is working, active, and worth visiting.

Agreed. I haven't posted on vB for a few days now. It's just depressing to read through the active threads there, to say the least. There is definitely a more upbeat vibe going on here, which just makes it that much more enjoyable to return.

I only really visit vBcom when someone links it, otherwise I don't even post any more. No point as I have no interest in the product now. I was seriously considering moving to IPB and was going to bite and this opened up just in time. :)

Agreed. I haven't posted on vB for a few days now. It's just depressing to read through the active threads there, to say the least. There is definitely a more upbeat vibe going on here, which just makes it that much more enjoyable to return.
Yeah, I made one post for the first time in days in the Chit Chat forum regarding XenForo. That's all I plan on posting over there.

They don't show currently active users now at forum home. :confused:
I noticed it last night when I was browsing through. Wonder if it's a bug or intentional...

I have never been a vB user (owner) but I understand a lot of the people here are.

I do however think too many comparisons are being drawn between XF and vB.

XF should be appreciated for what it is - a breath of fresh, exciting air.

I have never been a vB user (owner) but I understand a lot of the people here are.

it's an easy comparison to slip into though. You think of Kier; you think of vBulletin. Sub consciously I think of this as a new vBulletin :P

While I agree, one of the things that made vBulletin such a great choice was its rich feature set. Those of us coming from there would like to see a lot of those features brought into XF. That doesn't mean XF can't add its own, unique twist, to it :)

I commented on there the other day that more members were logged on here than there, I noticed they have now removed the number of members & guests online from their ‘what’s going on’ block.

I wonder why. :confused:

I commented on there the other day that more members were logged on here than there, I noticed they have now removed the number of members & guests online from their ‘what’s going on’ block.

I wonder why. :confused:

hahaha, they were definitely showing that earlier

Yeah, a honeymoon effect is certainly there.

IB on the other hand managed to completely kill all the passion many people had for vBulletin. A passion I can definitely see here again. That might be another reason why some users are way more active here than on vB.com recently.

Top Bottom