1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo is like Pringles.. once you start you can't stop

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nudaii, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

Back in early Feb I decided to purchase 1 license to have a look at from a web designer perspective

within 2 days i had converted my Vanilla forum to Xenforo

within 2 Weeks had purchased a second license

Just purchased my third, and my 4th and 5th are following shortly.

2. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I think since we're on a pringles comparison.... XenForo works out cheaper hehehe.. bloody £2 for one pot of pringles around here now and they last five minutes! A XenForo licence lasts a lifetime :D

3. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Darn Richard, you'll be getting an XF Christmas card at this rate :p

4. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Totally agree Richard.
    I not only love the software - and I'm even learning how to put all my design changes into an addon with a Listener cor wow grownup stuff! -
    I also love this community. I don't think I'd love XF so well without it. About the best online community I've known in years. The integration of the developers on the same site is genius.

But of course the core is gold.

5. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I always thought the saying was "Once you pop, you can't stop" as in popping the tube container but then if you used xenforo and started to pop and/or popping that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense so start is a good alternative if I'm correct.

edit:

6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2nd copy. :cool:

7. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member

I have 5 copies.
    Not doing much with them except to provide a little financial support to XFLtd.
    Those are licenses that would have been spent elsewhere anyway. Might as well look forward than repeat the past.

8. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

As a sidenote. I hate Pringles. Give me Cheesy Quavers, Ready Salted Chipsticks, or Beef Monster Munch every time.

9. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

You should try generic brand stacking chips, Lidls supermarkets do good ones(if you have a lidls near you), half the price and taste just as good

Oh beef monster munch are the best, Or rib sauce nik naks!

10. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

mmmmmm Beef Monster Munch. Now I need to go find a bag of them! As for the generic brand, Haven't tried Lidl's, but I know Tescos own brand are tasteless.

11. ShadyX

ShadyX Well-Known Member

haha!

I will be buying a few more in the upcoming months, I haven't seriously looked at any other software since I got my first license. I find XF forums just generate more interest compared to others on the market.

12. a legacy reborn

a legacy reborn Well-Known Member

Everyone should purchase an additional license on Christmas as the xF Community's gift to KMA(Kier, Mike, and Ashley in case you didn't know).

13. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

I find it hard to fit my hand in the Xenforo tube as well.

14. Nudaii

Nudaii Well-Known Member

just about to get some more!

even talks about opening a network with a client with multiple xenforo licenses being used

ArnyVee likes this.
  15. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

I agree. Just got my 13th today. Lucky number 13 maybe?

16. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

13?!

I'm looking into a 3rd.... 13...wow.... Administrate much?

17. ENF

ENF Well-Known Member

I'm more interested if this just a hobby expense or is he getting ROI from 13 boards?

TheVisitors likes this.
  18. Dinh Thanh

Dinh Thanh Well-Known Member

Nice, I'm going to buy my third license.

19. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I'm going to pick up my 3rd license in the near future as well :)

20. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

It's a business.