XenForo Installation Timing Out: Step 3

Danny.VBT

I'm attempting to install a copy of XenForo on my local server, but am getting the error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/xenforo/library/Zend/Validate/Hostname.php on line 591

I checked the line in question and its:

PHP:
if (iconv_strlen($domainPart, 'UTF-8') > $length) {

I have the iconv lib installed. Additionally, I checked and all the requirements for XenForo are met as well on my server.

Not sure what can be causing the timeout, so any help or guidance is much appreciated. I'm hesitant its merely just a matter of increasing the max execution setting as I increased it after the first time the script timed out.

Just as a guess, is that execution timeout set at your server level? I don't recall seeing anything with a 120s timeout in XenForo itself.

Sorry Kier, this must be on my end.

My server just timed out with again with an entirely different application. Oddly, it is the same function (iconv_strlen) causing the timeout.

better to install on a "real server". local or home systems like mamp-xamp-wamp or whatever will allways have the one or other small problems wich you never will have on a real server-system where you also have the right network infrastructure.

I've heard nothing but trouble from MAMP users. I use Zend Server CE on my Macs and have had no problems whatsoever.

Thanks Kier. This is actually the first problem I've run into with MAMP, and I've been using it for years. Nonetheless, if problems persist, I'll definitely look into Zend Server. I was isn't aware they offered a free version.

Top Bottom