Xenforo hosting

Are there any web hosts where you can sign up for xenforo hosting? That comes with the forum software and web hosting.
There's xenForo cloud:

And, you get what you pay for. $20-$25 would be bare minimum I'd ever spend even for low traffic sites. Anything lower and you're looking at low-end CPU, memory, disk space, bandwidth, etc. It could run XF, but there's no guarantee it would run well on lower specs, especially as traffic grew. The $30 price for XF's cloud hosting is very reasonable in comparison.

Do It Yes GIF by Wolf Entertainment

I pay for my dedicate server with WHM/cPanel like £500 per year, have root access on everything, anytime... It does the job what I need for... so I won't change it.

And, you get what you pay for. $20-$25 would be bare minimum I'd ever spend even for low traffic sites.
I don't know. I run a low volume, low traffic site and I'm paying US$9 a month paid annually for shared hosting with a small Canadian provider. If I was willing to re-up for three years, I could get that down to US$7. Probably not sufficient for anything with significant activity but it is working well for us so far. I think one really needs to evaluate one's needs and look for something that meets them with a price that fits one's budget.

My main problem is not having an upgrade path if I need VPS. My host's VPS offering is perpetually "coming soon" so I would have to move (I do know a couple Canadian companies that offer it). That said, the forum is not exactly growing now, quite the opposite, so not too concerned about needing VPS any time soon.

No, the $30 per month is a discounted introductory rate for early adopters and won't increase.

For the avoidance of doubt - if you join us on the beta the $30/month / $300/year discount will be always valid for as long as you keep the subscription. We won't increase your price. But you may need to upgrade to a larger package as your forum grows.

Sorry for asking, but I also signed up for the cloud. But when can we expect it? I'm almost considering to buy a normal license xD

PS: Starting a new community around XF, but now the website is still in maintenance mode because I don;t know when the cloud will be launched.

Top Bottom