1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo Host w/ free license?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by BlackCobra, Mar 15, 2013.

1. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Hey, I was 100% sure that I saw a page on XenForo where I could purchase hosting and pay an x amount per month with a free license but it was only free because it was hosted on XenForo's servers or something. Anyone know where this page is? I can't seem to find it again -_-

2. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

I have never heard of anything like this......I may be wrong but I don't think that has ever been an option. I know IP.Board has that available.

3. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Thanks Ernest, it seems I got the two confused due to a Skype post that said XenForo.. I appreciate your reminder that IP Board exists... Haha, enjoy your night :)

4. Ernest L. Defoe

You too. I can say though that you pay a hefty price tag per month with limited resources to get their hosting solution with the license included. Like only so many people online at a time and such. Plus I would rather have access to the files directly and not the encoded version on their hosting solution.

5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

We were offering a promotion of first month free with proof of a new license purchased during the $110.00 sale. Since that sale is now over, thread was deleted at my request, maybe your thinking of that?

6. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

I just looked into it a bit more and you can't even use your own domain, you must use a domain provided by them, so it's not even worth paying even $5 a month for it.

7. Ernest L. Defoe

I didn't know that. I thought you could use your own domain. Yeah then it's not worth anything if you have to use a domain they give you. If you do end up buying an xF license and looking for quality hosting check out xfhost.me

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  8. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Yeah, I thought that as well. & alright, I'll certainly keep xfhost.me in mind, our subscription of GoDaddy ends on the 8th, so I plan to get us far away from GoDaddy after that.

9. Ernest L. Defoe

10. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

May I ask if you're just a member of the host or do you own it?

11. The Forum Heroes

He's a client, xfhost.net (my banner) and xfhost.me are the same company :) I grabbed the .me just simply for the cute effect of host me.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  12. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Haha alright, awesome! Do you think you could spare some connection details such as speeds?

13. The Forum Heroes

14. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

15. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There has never been a hosted XenForo solution (eg rent a license).

16. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

BlackCobra is thinking of one of the IPB [1.x?] licensing schemes they offered many years ago???

17. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

That's fairly incorrect, I am a on-hosted customer and I use my own domain just fine. :)