Xenforo Graphic Pack resources

Shelley

Prompt by a recent conversion I had. As the title says, what type of graphic pack resources do you feel would be high demand for when the xenforo product is released?

Mainly this goes out to everyone from designers who will be providing graphic packs to those who'll be wanting them. This can range from smiley packs, trophy packs, forum icons etc.

• Smileys
  • Trophies
  • Forum status icons
  • Generic (staff?) avatars
  • CSS Styled buttons (those call-to-action buttons to the right of breadcrumbs)
Can't think of anything else. :D

A new smiley. One that is clean, adapts to all forum colors fairly well, isn't overly big, and is innovative and fun. Kinda like the ones in your sig.

Status icons and basically multicolored versions of everything Xenforo has now. ;)

Prompt by a recent conversion I had. As the title says, what type of graphic pack resources do you feel would be high demand for when the xenforo product is released?

Mainly this goes out to everyone from designers who will be providing graphic packs to those who'll be wanting them. This can range from smiley packs, trophy packs, forum icons etc.
Well, what would also help is the hex codes for the colors/and the names of the fonts used in the default. Even if we don't match them, we all know that everyone's monitor reads color differently. What I see as blue is not the same hex color as you see as blue. Our monitors may be calibrated slightly differently.

I'm not so worried about smilies, I have a collection of over 1200, not including the ones I picked up from you for just XF. Liz

Even if we don't match them, we all know that everyone's monitor reads color differently. What I see as blue is not the same hex color as you see as blue. Our monitors may be calibrated slightly differently.
Liz, that may not be entirely true. The hex value of a pixel in an image remains constant across all setups. It's our own monitors that choose to display that color differently, depending upon the calibration. But the actual hexadecimal value (which you pick via a color-picker tool) doesn't change at all.
smile.png

Liz, that may not be true. The hex value of a pixel in an image remains constant across all setups. It's our own monitors that choose to display that color differently, depending upon the calibration. But the actual hexadecimal value (which you pick via a color-picker tool) doesn't change at all.
smile.png
I phrased it wrong...but having it spelled out avoids having to pick the wrong one and even you know that you can pick one spot and get one color, move over 1-2 pixels and end up with a different shade. 

Liz 

I was bored, so I had a play around in Photoshop, I made a few trophy graphics (see attached), don't know if this is the sort of things you would all be looking for, now I'm bored again. :(

Attachments

• trophy-ideas.webp
    trophy-ideas.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 35
I would say Forum Icons. Only because I can not tell you how many styled forums I seen that used the original forum icons that clearly did not fit the new theme, either because they didn't know how to change/re-colour them, or didn't want to take the time to do so.

• Smileys
  • Trophies
  • Forum status icons
  • Generic (staff?) avatars
  • CSS Styled buttons (those call-to-action buttons to the right of breadcrumbs)
Can't think of anything else. :D
Agree with Shadab on this. These will all be in demand (bar the avatars - possibly).

I know I'll be looking for some trophy images :D

I'd like to set up something more purpose-built in due course, but I guess a forum is a good stop-gap...

*pads off to the ACP to create a forum*

Top Bottom