1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Xenforo "fresh install" ?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Kainzo, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

"You are already running the current version (1.2.0). To do a fresh install, click here."

If I click on the link - will it wipe all custom information and do a completely clean installation?
    or will it perform an upgrade-eque install?

Just making sure, I have an admin who states that because I didnt disable all addons - we have a bad installation.

Thanks!

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It will wipe out any tables that begin with xf_ and reinstall. This is the reason its suggested for add-on developers to use the xf_ prefix on top of their own.

3. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

Is there irreversible damage done if you install without disabling all addons?

4. Jeremy

If you are installing, the database should be empty. If you install and its not (and has remnant add-on tables that weren't wiped out on the reinstall), you could run into issues if you try to reinstall them at a later date. You should verify all add-ons are properly uninstalled before doing XF re-install.

5. Kainzo

Kainzo Active Member

I was upgrading a 1.1.* installation to 1.2 - my mistake, poor wording.

6. Jeremy