XF 1.2 Xenforo "fresh install" ?

Kainzo

"You are already running the current version (1.2.0). To do a fresh install, click here."

If I click on the link - will it wipe all custom information and do a completely clean installation?
or will it perform an upgrade-eque install?

Just making sure, I have an admin who states that because I didnt disable all addons - we have a bad installation.

Thanks!

It will wipe out any tables that begin with xf_ and reinstall. This is the reason its suggested for add-on developers to use the xf_ prefix on top of their own.

If you are installing, the database should be empty. If you install and its not (and has remnant add-on tables that weren't wiped out on the reinstall), you could run into issues if you try to reinstall them at a later date. You should verify all add-ons are properly uninstalled before doing XF re-install.

If you are installing, the database should be empty. If you install and its not (and has remnant add-on tables that weren't wiped out on the reinstall), you could run into issues if you try to reinstall them at a later date. You should verify all add-ons are properly uninstalled before doing XF re-install.
I was upgrading a 1.1.* installation to 1.2 - my mistake, poor wording.

Top Bottom