XenForo Forum Host Transport

Baby Community

Hello friends. I made the XenForo forum host. My method is the old stereotyped method. He gave me errors, but I resolved the mistakes. The Xenforo forum should be a much simpler and error-free way on the road and back-up. Will you share the easy and faultless way with me to move the Xenforo forum or to get backups?
thank you for your interest already

@Brogan @Mike @Chris D @Jake Bunce @Ashley @XenForo @Slavik @Kier

cPanel -> has a built-in backup feature. Back up database and files.
SSH -> mysqldump and zip your XF files then download.

Move your files over to the new host, import the database and update your library/config.php or src/config.php file with the correct DB info.

Of course, I assume you'd point your domain to the new server and stuff like that.

Follow this tutorial in order to do a full website backup on your web host ONLY if you use cPanel/WHM. If your on shared and only have cPanel you'll need to do it by restoring the home directory and then the database separate. I used this method before and it's recommended and works like a charm. Also wondering why your host won't do this for you. Usually new web hosts will do this for you. Anyways here's the tutorial.

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/68Docs/Restore+a+Full+Backup+cpmove+File

And yes if you have WHM you can set backups to backup your files and also give it a retention amount to only hold the latest 3 backups or however many you want.

Also as an added bonus check out this tutorial on how to get database backups emailed directly to your computer with Windows Live Mail. I made this tutorial myself on my website and I thought you might find it useful though. I don't mean to confuse you though. This next tutorial is not required for any of this and is just an added bonus if you want database backups sent directly to your computer.

https://www.mindpiff.com/threads/ge...ter-with-windows-live-mail-easy-solution.144/

Hello friends. I open the matter as follows. My old server cPanel. Yes cPanel backup system is excellent. I do not use cPanel right now. I use the Webuzo Panel. I also back up with the old customized backup method. My method is to enter phpMyAdmin and get a solid backup and extract the site files with ftp. I applied this method and compared it with the error. These errors have just been corrected and the forum is currently active. So I need to get a healthy backup schedule.
That method is for me;

cPanel -> has a built-in backup feature. Back up database and files.
SSH -> mysqldump and zip your XF files then download.

In the meantime, the database I use is mariadb. Does this prevent me from using mysqldump?

Hidden here... ;)

Many thanks in the meantime ..

Last edited:
maridb is a future system. I am confident that it will become more and more common. I am sure that all control panels will also have mariadb options.
for example, the hostinger system which is one of the oldest hosting companies is mariadb.

Top Bottom