xenForo for 100$ when GOLD is released ???

aculate

i'm just saying but maybe the team from xenFORO should offer the same deal when the beta is finished and GOLD is ready to be released.... Hopefully by then, the Spanish translation will be available and ready to purchase....

just an idea...

Depends. If you made an online school to try to teach the world or found the cure for cancer, im sure xenForo will consider giving you a license to test out.
i'm just saying but maybe the team from xenFORO should offer the same deal when the beta is finished and GOLD is ready to be released.... Hopefully by then, the Spanish translation will be available and ready to purchase....

just an idea...

Let's be nice, it was an honest suggestion.. doesn't make it a good or bad suggestion. We all know that in business a sale is something a business does from time to time based on their needs.

For people to ask for there to be a consideration for another sale isn't a bad suggestion, it's just one that the team here will have to decide whether it's something they want to do or not. I don't think we should beat people up for asking though...

Jamie

The staff already made clear there will be no discount in the foreseeable future anymore, I don't see why they should contradict themselves later. The $100 discount price was for early adopters and was not meant for a large audience.

The staff already made clear there will be no discount in the foreseeable future anymore, I don't see why they should contradict themselves later.
Key word being "foreseeable". That could very well be the entire course of beta and RC phases. Gold could possibly mean new marketing ideas, whereupon they would not necessarily be contradicting themselves, merely moving foward into a new foreseeable future. ;)

Tbh I'm not sure that was the word they used, but I believe they indicated that the discount was just for the early adopters and no other discounts were planned for the future. Anyway, I'm pretty they posted somewhere the RTM/gold will sell for $140 from the start.

Maybe they should pay us to take it then live in an alley someplace.

Be fair to the guys. It was discounted because it is in beta.
hahaha that beats open source ....... :D use my software and I will pay you :D
but no seriously ... some people are just hobbyist and students with limited resources ... we all been there didn't we?
But I think all of this talk is premature right now, as the product is not stable yet, and has not establish itself in the real world wide web.
It's a valid business suggestion and I'm sure the management brains will cater to this segment in due time.
Perhaps a limited license to students, non profit organizations .... etc.. with the same annual renewal fees as us but with a discount when starting out ... etc ....
A lease option a la vB is a good idea too, lots of people would be interested in that. I have many friends who picked that option with vB (when times were good and they offered it)

Again, let the guys do their work and I'm sure they will adress every segment to attract everyone, because vB or IPB are not the only guys in the block . There is also Phpbb and others ....
Just a thought

Top Bottom