Xenforo Features Questions

KensonPlays

I am a current license holder, but haven't really used Xenforo. I'm wondering what kind of portal/cms system you guys provide, like to create custom pages, and things like that. Also, is there a mobile-friendly version of the software to these pages instead of just the forum? If the Content plugin (or whatever you call it) isn't free, how much is it?

You can create page nodes, these exists in the default software. Depending on the content and how you lay out the HTML, yes, they are responsive like the rest of the software.

I have about 2-3 custom pages right now.

Also, do you have some sort of downloads system or link system?

And for word censoring, I need a pretty strict word censor on my website, as it is PG rated. Possibly something like a RegEx based word censor?

I need an SMF converter, I have around 150-200 posts (not much) but do you have a direct SMF converter and not SMF > phpBB > xenforo?

You need to define individual words in the sensor, but it works if the words are not singular words.

The Resource Manager (click "Resources" above) is an extra purchase, but can be used as a simple downloads system. There may be an add-on for a link system, you may want to look in the Resource Manager.

You need to define individual words in the sensor, but it works if the words are not singular words.

The Resource Manager (click "Resources" above) is an extra purchase, but can be used as a simple downloads system. There may be an add-on for a link system, you may want to look in the Resource Manager.
So, what if I wanted to block the word "ass" but not "grass" or "glass", would it work that way?

Resource Manager would probably do the trick.

How do I hide custom nodes from the forum list and put them at the top nav bar?

Its been a while since I've used the system. I looked it up, but you can censor an exact word, so you will be able to censor ass but not grass.

Its been a while since I've used the system. I looked it up, but you can censor an exact word, so you will be able to censor ass but not grass.
Alright, i'd have to spend half an hour or so working on adding lots of words because I do not want any getting through. I own a Minecraft server I'm thinking of converting over. By the way are there any Minecraft-style themes for xenforo?

And about changing where the page nodes are displayed, how do I change it from showing like a board and putting it at the top of the site with the other nav items?

I found one that should do the trick.

Is there a direct SMF > Xenforo converter yet? SMF 2.0 went gold a while ago, so I would think that a converter could have been created by now. If not, consider this a request. :P

I didn't seem to find one, feel free to create your own. I will merge them if I find it.

Even if its old, we prefer to have a single suggestion thread. If you have something to add to the conversation, you are free to post in the old thread.

Top Bottom