1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo + Fastcgi_cache

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by FabioCesar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member

Hello,

I am using the following structure: nginx + php-fpm + xcache
    Have a satisfactory outcome, but I would take more server resources only for registered users, my intention is to store the cache for visitors leaving the server under load.

I'm using these settings in nginx:

My problem is at login time, even "logged" nginx keeps sending the cache.
    Can someone give me a hand?

2. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

You forgot to define an except location in your configuration, that's why.
    You want to serve the cache ONLY when the users are not logged and flush it every 10min, or else your guests (i.e. Google) will see the same content forever.

Digital Doctor likes this.
  3. FabioCesar

FabioCesar Member

Would it be possible to post an example of the configuration it was possible to login?

Maybe you think the cache about 20 minutes, do not intend to keep the cache longer than that ...

Initially tested the varnish, but with nginx had a similar performance ..

4. Gourad

Gourad Member

Maybe this problem is related to cookie xf_session?
    Alternatively, you can set Session.php SearchReferer and isRobot required expiration lifetime and use these value in nginx

5. Floren

Floren Well-Known Member

Posting a configuration is useless as my setup is not the same as your. The best place for you to learn is Nginx documentation. As helper, you need to define a special cookie, the default Xenforo is not always created. You also need to skip the login location or else you end up mixing user information in cache.

6. archimedes

archimedes Member

@fabiocesar Have managed to get fastcgi cache working?

7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Interested to know this as well.