Xenforo Extended Smilies

Xenforo Extended Smilies 1k

No permission to download
The smilies spritesheet and SQL are in a zip file. Only use both together. My files and Shelley's aren't EXACTLY the same, there is one line of "double" smilies. If you read this thread, you will see why.

Anywho, simply upload the xenforo-extended-sprite.png file into the styles/default/xenforo folder, and run the SQL. Edit a single smilie, they should all appear after that.

This will add the above 5 smilies. Cyclops, Link, Pics, Asshat and Clown.

Thanks Shelley.

Appreciate you creating an SQL file to speed up Shelley's great contribution.

I'm getting a duplicate key error though when I try the SQL code.

#1062 - Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

Any idea what's wrong?

Kevin

Thanks Matt. Worked a charm. The smilies have been added successfully but aren't showing at /help/smilies (the original ones are). Everything seems ok from the admin side though.

In EXTRA.css

Add this

PHP:
.xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div {
    width: 230px !important;
}

I personally change that value to 330px

But basically this will make your smile menu pop out a little wider, so you're not scrolling down.

Code concept thanks to Shelley ;)

I'm using something like 500.

Unfortunately for us it'll come to the point when you can only adjust the width to a set px and still have the scrolling problem as more smilies are designed and added. The dropdown is a terrible solution to a problem that has existed since day1 and will soon be a problem with people using the xf smilies and xf extended smilies since more are planned to be designed and we have no great solution to house the smilies.

Infact. I'd go as far as saying that XF has the worst smiley solution of any product. It's really pitiful that it's been left untouched and not improved for this long.

What would be the solution according to you?

Plenty of mockups I created & posted around here in many of the threads. infact, I suggested it to IPB also which they partially implemented and did a half ass job with the promise of "we'll improve it later" but never did.

It's really pitiful that it's been left untouched and not improved for this long.

I know it's your area but there are others areas of XF which have been far more neglected. The moderation queue is awful and missing key information and the inability to search closed reports is ridiculous.

I assume they'll get to them all at some stage though :-)

I know it's your area but there are others areas of XF which have been far more neglected. The moderation queue is awful and missing key information and the inability to search closed reports is ridiculous.

I assume they'll get to them all at some stage though :)

That's an excuse not a solution. I'm sure there are other areas of xf that people deem as being neglected but chat in this thread is not about other areas but smiley related areas since it's a smiley release thread not moderation queue areas. :)

Edit: I'm just saying (and it's not too bad now) but when i add/design a few more batches of smilies your going to see the issues your going to face and you'll have half your smilies hidden because they take up alot of height and scroll endlessly to view them. I'll reserve the "I told you so" for that moment when it happens :D

Like I stated you can only extend the width of the dropdown menu so much until your faced with 2 issues.

For now, the easiest solution I see right now for our forum's scenario is to have multiple dropdowns.

The smilies spritesheet and SQL are in a zip file. Only use both together. My files and Shelley's aren't EXACTLY the same, there is one line of "double" smilies. If you read this thread, you will see why.

Anywho, simply upload the xenforo-extended-sprite.png file into the styles/default/xenforo folder, and run the SQL. Edit a single smilie, they should all appear after that.

This will add the above 5 smilies. Cyclops, Link, Pics, Asshat and Clown.

Thanks Shelley.

Has this worked for anyone?

I get the following as an example

Screen Shot 2012-09-03 at 19.18.41.webp

Looks like some of the positions are wrong?

Top Bottom