XF 2.1 Xenforo Email not sending

Booff

My new users of the forum cannot create an account because they are not getting an email sent.
I have tried to run the email test to myself but nothing was sent, and the email bounce log said nothing was sent either.
Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Solution
Yes, I am, also could this issue be related to me not yet upgrading to Xenforo 2.2.2

Contact your web host and ask them to check the email server. You should be able to go to this link to verify the email system is working correctly:

Admin control panel -> Tools -> Test outbound email
To clarify, I never said new registrants shouldn't enter their email address upon registration. I am saying I do not use the email validation. If one of my members forgets his password he can get the password reset if he has access to the email address he provided upon registration.

If your board isn't sending emails, like you're saying is happening - then those emails for password reset won't be sent either. So definitely as I said, you want to fix this problem. Meanwhile i would busy myself validating all members in limbo and disable validation until you get this fixed.
My Apologies, It just looked like you were trying to say no email is the only valid way to go and I was refuting your points with my own and then you refuted my points, similar to how an argument would go.

With disabling validation, I'm still on the fence about doing it temporary instead of trying to get the email fixed.

I had the same problem many times in the past, with different websites using different scripts (not only forum scripts). Unless if PHP function mail() is disabled by your hosting provider, here are the most common reasons that your email are not deliver to your members:
  • Your domain is a new registration and thus still does not have a reputation. Mail servers like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, most probably will mark them as spam.
  • Your DNS records are not completed. eg SPF, DMARC Policy etc are missing
  • Your Email (or IP) is already in Blacklist.
You can do some tests at:

https://tools.dnsstuff.com/

As underline notice, dealing with emails, is a hell.
Thanks for the info, I will keep it close in case this ever happens again.

Top Bottom