XenForo = Electric Car

MilesDB

Whenever I think about XenForo an analogy of an electric car comes to my mind. There is no junk under the hood and no limits to growth [e.g. Video Upload & Play ;)]. vB and IPB seem to be at best hybrids still dealing with the internal combustion engine and spark plugs. :)

Ugh no thanks! Electric cars are a nasty fad that offer no vehicular, monetary or ecological benefit whatsoever over the internal combustion engine. I think you need to look a little further into the future for your comparison :)

Ugh no thanks! Electric cars are a nasty fad that offer no vehicular, monetary or ecological benefit whatsoever over the internal combustion engine. I think you need to look a little further into the future for your comparison :)

You should code us a car!

I know almost everyone here hates my posts, but i have to do it.
As of now, electric cars have no vehicular or monetary benefits, that's true. But the "has no ecological benefit" makes me want to hack the forums (even if it's most probably not possible and i will never success, i can try).
As you know, cars and almost every transportation uses oil or derivates (plane, ships, cars, bus, some trains, tir, bla bla bla). The fact is that we use the 95% of the oil (petroleum? don't know the exactly english translation for this) to move stuff. We use the remaining 5% to build pens, imacs, fragances, almost everything of what was invented (or went on mass production) in the last 50 years.
By supposing we have 20 years left of petroleum, in 2030 we will no have personal computers anymore. If, from tomorrow, we start using the oil only for derivates, "the 5%" we will have (100/5)*20 = 400years where we can still make pcs.
By having only electric cars we can centralize the energy production, where the performance of the energy transformation is better. Of course, we will still lose during the transport of the electric energy, the reloading of the batteries and so on, but it will never be as bad as it is know. For example here (it: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motore_Diesel) it says that the efficiency of a Diesel engine is of the 15%. That means (i think you know it) that the 85% of the energy is used to heat up the engine and make noise, while the 15% is mechanical energy.

I hope that this post has resulted useful to someone.

For example here (it: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motore_Diesel) it says that the efficiency of a Diesel engine is of the 15%. That means (i think you know it) that the 85% of the energy is used to heat up the engine and make noise, while the 15% is mechanical energy.
Unfortunately I cannot read the above but as I remember from my studies the thermal efficiency of a Diesel engine is around 50% instead of 15%
Half of the energy is going to be converted to useful work.

Sorry to had found an italian article, however it says clearly that the efficiency is 15% for the "standart" engine, while there are some (another italian articles, i had found it before but i will traslate it for you: http://www.autoblog.it/post/4986/il-piu-potente-motore-diesel-del-mondo ) like this "biggest diesel engine of the world" that has "one of the most efficiency engines of the world, with and efficiency of more than the 50%" (e si tratta di uno dei motori più efficienti al mondo (con un rendimento oltre il 50%).).
However let's suppose that the standart efficiency is of about 50% ;)

I don't mean to be rude but stop feeling sorry for yourself.

There's 2,384 members here.

Maths was never my strong point but a post by 1 member with 3 likes doesn't really account for almost everyone here.

Maybe you should rephrase that as Roughly 0.16% of the members here hate my posts.

I don't mean to be rude but stop feeling sorry for yourself.

There's 2,384 members here.

Maths was never my strong point but a post by 1 member with 3 likes doesn't really account for almost everyone here.

Maybe you should rephrase that as Roughly 0.16% of the members here hate my posts.
I'm not sorry for myself, i love what i'm! I was ironically pointing out that it's a forum, and than i care nothing about it ;)

I was going to explain my reasoning for that post, instead I'll just state that if you cannot figure out why I said what I did, and why people -liked- the post, I'll just see myself doing :rolleyes: much much more in the future.

I will say one thing however, many of your posts seem to include facts that aren't actual factual, which is why often enough I have to roll my eyes in response to what you say. That one especially annoyed me, because it was disrespectful to myself and many other people on this forum.

You say that i post wrong things, that annoys you. Maybe i post uncommon theories, but that doesn't mind they are not true.
Want to know why i think the dollar economy is gonna fall if things doesn't change?
Read this: http://courtfool.info/en_Cost_abuse_and_danger_of_the_dollar.htm
It's a really interesting reading.

This is why i think dollar = crap and euro = much better (more stable economy, less debts, less International Monetary Fund influence and so on)

But please, if you want to continue let's do it in private, i will be happy to argue. We are off topic in this off topic topic ;)

I assume you're talking about the fact that they still need electricity from nuclear power plants? Even if you take the nuclear waste into account, it still reduces carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, so it does have some ecological benefit over internal combustion engines. It just depends on what you feel is worse at this time: global warming or more nuclear waste underground.

And no I'm not driving one, and no I'm not voting for a green party ;)

Top Bottom