Xenforo editor - options?

jauburn

Some of my users are wanting a better editor than the one provided in Xenforo. What are my options?

Specifically, I've gotten this criticism?

The editor isn't great: the window too small, there is no preview, and it screws up line breaks. I pasted the longish doc in, and it seems like the line breaks were randomly: (1) included, (2) expanded or (2) ignored; and the ignored ones can't be re-added for some reason.

Can any of these issues be addressed either within xenforo or by adding a different editor?

Thanks.

Some of my users are wanting a better editor than the one provided in Xenforo. What are my options?

Specifically, I've gotten this criticism?

The editor isn't great: the window too small, there is no preview, and it screws up line breaks. I pasted the longish doc in, and it seems like the line breaks were randomly: (1) included, (2) expanded or (2) ignored; and the ignored ones can't be re-added for some reason.

Can any of these issues be addressed either within xenforo or by adding a different editor?

Thanks.
I think the problems with tinymce lay within tinymce itself...as far as adding a different editor, that is not cut and dry, could be done but would take serious effort and much time.

Thanks, I implemented both of these "fixes," and while they do indeed fix some things, other things are still broken. The most troublesome: text pasted from Word into the visual editor contains extra line breaks in-between paragraphs. Is there a way to fix this?
TinyMce has an official plugin for this. I've no idea if its easy or not to integrate to XenForo. What I always do when I don!t want any formatted text is simply to paste first inside my computer editor, check the text here, then copy and past it inside the RTE.

Top Bottom