XenForo - destroyed by vBulletin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenforo isn't held down by a horrid mgmt structure. It's very customer based and very responsive to forum owners needs. This helps give it better flexibility and speed at which it responds to those needs.

If there is anyone that will likely respond (at least in a more competitive and respectful way), it would be IPB in response to how well Xenforo may do. Vbulletin sadly I can see remaining to be the mgmt. clusterf*** that it is right now. It may respond, but if history proves itself, it'll respond in the opposite ways members primarily want.

Honestly, I believe Xenforo will have very little problem winning people over. In the end this benefits everyone though and will force IPB and VB to stand up and take notice to help improve their product lines.

But with this emergence of some of IPB's and VB's biggest coders and graphic designers now putting themselves behind Xenforo, I would suggest putting on those sunglasses because it looks like things are gonna be bright for Xenforo. And I suspect it won't take long for good skins, graphics, and mods to become available. Likely not taking long to rival VB's mod community.

I can all but promise that VB is feeling the heat a bit from all of this.
Proper documentation and a perfect API is key in your plan :)

I don't think that IB has as much a management issue as there is a difference in priorities - they place commerce far ahead of the rest and that has changed the quality and nature of the product. At this point, with all the money, I don't think they care... at least not until an earnings report says they might. The people who may feel the heat are those on the payroll and it makes you wonder about all those people staying for about a year and then jumping elsewhere.

Actually, I have been a victim of Kier's corporate shenanigans already! Through a series of sneaky and subversive chats and videos extolling the virtues of Zend Studio coupled with Zend Server, I became giddy with excitement and stopped development to install and configure these tools.

After two days of low productivity I realised I had been the victim of a cruelly orchestrated plan to slow down production of IP.Board! What a total swizz!

Is it possible for you to share the link to it? I have yet to come across any vB4 suite powered site that looks good/attractive or even a tiny bit professional. So I am interested to see yours.
You definitely missed the sites i worked on :)

If vBulletin fails, it will be because they (vBulletin) let it. The same goes for XenForo, though I don't see that happening. :)

Either way, I think the competition will ultimately be good for those of us running forums.
Definitely, and competition is what made forum-software boom in the first place. It's a very important factor to have in this niche of software.

Actually, I have been a victim of Kier's corporate shenanigans already! Through a series of sneaky and subversive chats and videos extolling the virtues of Zend Studio coupled with Zend Server, I became giddy with excitement and stopped development to install and configure these tools.

After two days of low productivity I realised I had been the victim of a cruelly orchestrated plan to slow down production of IP.Board! What a total swizz!

Its beautiful to see this comment ... we should all applaud the great people behind IPB and XF :)

But now you're probably more productive, so that plan totally backfired.

Have you considered writing IPB in Assembly? Additionally, I hear Notepad is a great IDE. (Yes, I know you use a Mac, but nothing compares to Notepad.)

Swizz? :confused:

What about the NDA to ensure you didn't talk about how you were 'helped'?

But now you're probably more productive, so that plan totally backfired.

Have you considered writing IPB in Assembly? Additionally, I hear Notepad is a great IDE. (Yes, I know you use a Mac, but nothing compares to Notepad.)
Fine... Give away all the secret productivity tips! At least you didn't mention using Frontpage (in parallels of course!) for all front end development work... There is NOTHING like it for code generation, and as far as standards compliance is concerned, well, you have to invent a new category JUST for FP! ;)

And here I thought a hammer, chisel, and a nice block of cement was going to give me the edge. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom