XenForo - destroyed by vBulletin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what I would like to see is that xenForo remains as a core forum product, then 3rd party developers and/or xF developers make add-ons.

core and no bloated features. I like features, but "I want to choose them."

albums, customized profiles, etc. can be add-ons.

Yeah, my visits to vbulletin.com has become more and more sporadic - especially after registering here :)

I agree, it almost becomes a chore just to try and sort through the same-old posts about this and that.

I find it hard just using vBulletin now.
It's slow and clunky.
Feels really stinky and old.

LOL After working on two xf sites for more time than the one vb site, I actually find myself trying to remember how to do things there. And for making new styles,.... HA

I agree, it almost becomes a chore just to try and sort through the same-old posts about this and that.
I do not know how I remembered posts I replied too with vBulletin, now that xenForo puts my little avatar next to the thread.

I have actually been over @ vBulletin and org site, and I feel sorry for those new customers. Oh well not my job to fix their problems! I got turned off yesterday trying to help dye down the fire, but it isn't my job. Good luck vBulletin with unhappy Pre-Sales customers!
ali_073.gif

I do not know how I remembered posts I replied too with vBulletin, now that xenForo puts my little avatar next to the thread.

I have actually been over @ vBulletin and org site, and I feel sorry for those new customers. Oh well not my job to fix their problems! I got turned off yesterday trying to help dye down the fire, but it isn't my job. Good luck vBulletin with unhappy Pre-Sales customers!
ali_073.gif

How can anybody remain a customer when they sue to slow down the evolution of forums ? o_O

vBulletin.. oh boy. They're no match for XenForo. The only real competitor XF has is IPB which has a ton more features but was lacking in the UI. Their new 3.2 seems to be incorporating a lot of things that I like - graphics-wise - from XF so they're definitely a real threat to XF.

The ACP of IPB is a mess, i also dont like their default Style.... vBulletin is just...old, the Code is like Windows. Code on Code on Code, like a Pyramid you have to find a way out.

Hi

I have to say that I really like XenForo. But, part of me thinks that vBulletin will respond by releasing a really good upgraded version, which will have a CMS and all other bridges and perhaps coupled with a sale will blow XenForo out of the water. Ultimately, I would put it to you that people do not want to take risks, and stick to brand names that they know.

[sarcasm]
Just going back to the original post ...... Wondering where this 'super dooper' vbulletin that is going to blow xenforo out of the water is? Purely a curious question obviously as all I seem to be able to find is that same version 4.
[/sarcasm]

Just what we need. Another trash IB and vB post.
Despite IB's actions and what everyone thinks, vB4 has improved much since XF's first public release .
I think XF was a wakeup call. Both XF and vB fans will have better products as a result.

Despite IB's actions and what everyone thinks, vB4 has improved much since XF's first public release .
I think XF was a wakeup call. Both XF and vB fans will have better products as a result.
I agree, I realize many of us have developed a certain, umm, dislike for IB and vB solutions, myself included. At some point though you have to, umm, let it go... I couldn't care less what's going on with vB these days, I transferred my license to a friend months ago and deleted vB from my bookmarks, there's just no point in kicking them over and over again.

I'd rather focus on the future and the potential of Xenforo, than rehashing the past.

Anyway, end rant.

Think you may find the comment was a joke to the original post.... Hence the sacasm tags, which were also a joke. ;)

I do agree that users of ALL software will benefit from the existance of xenforo, however so not agree that anything vb will do at this stage will blow xenforo out of the water LOL

Think you may find the comment was a joke to the original post.... Hence the sacasm tags, which were also a joke. ;)

I do agree that users of ALL software will benefit from the existance of xenforo, however so not agree that anything vb will do at this stage will blow xenforo out of the water LOL
I realize that (and I did get a chuckle out of it), sarcasm aside, I just don't see any reason to keeping kicking IB and VB Solutions.

All companies benefit from competition. Each company has to up its game to catch up with whoever's leading the chase.

Look at XF & IPB, you don't see them at each other's throats. In fact, you can see Matt joking around in a lot of this thread.

And on further look, apparently this was already brought up:

Matt and I belong to a group that believes that having strong, innovative competitors is a good thing. An absence of competition serves only to foster stagnation.

There are two ways to react to a strong competitor. You can either strive to improve your own offerings such that potential customers are persuaded to choose your product rather than that of your competitor. Alternatively, you can sue your competitors and threaten their potential customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom