1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned XenForo default footer

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Adam Howard, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

While I am aware that there are 3 add-ons which can mimic and otherwise replicate the default footer on XenForo.com, not including the custom css code you could do without needing an add-on......

I've experienced a lot of people upon installing / importing XenForo for them; show a little disappointment, disbelief, or general confusion as to why their copy looks nothing like the copy displayed on XenForo.com

It would be nice if the product matched. I'm sure a customizable version could easily be added into the core without issue.

Capture.PNG

Chris D likes this.
  2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You're assuming every one has a want or need for such a footer.

I don't think many people do, otherwise you'd see many more requests posted here. There's occasional requests but you can hardly say the majority of people want it. I don't on my site, and I don't know that many sites that do.

Adam Howard likes this.
  3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

It seems very common to me (via the confusion I get upon installing for people). I guess an "on / off" options would be good though.

I personally don't use such a footer either. My recommendation is based upon the feedback I get.

tajhay likes this.