XenForo Database reset after x time

Junior

I would like to set up an XenForo database that deletes all posts and users created after a specific time. It should also reset the passwords of all accounts that were meant to not be deleted.

I hoping this is an easy task.

Just dump the "clean" database, and import it back every X days. That clears all posts, resets all passwords, restores everything to the "clean" state.

That's how I recommended someone to do this. Database backups work like a charm, and are darn easy. Here's another free tip in case you have your own server. If you want a full backup of the drive you have your OS and filesystem on, ideally you have those running on RAID 1 (mirrored). I assume that you, like a good sys admin, have extra disks of the same size lying around as a safety caution for when one of these disks would fail. The next time, after a system update or upgrade, pull one of the disks out, label it as "System backup", and replace it with one of the spare ones. Tada, instant system backup.

The next time, after a system update or upgrade, pull one of the disks out, label it as "System backup", and replace it with one of the spare ones. Tada, instant system backup.

Not recommended.
During rebuild of the RAID you have degraded performance and the risk if the second disk has a problem you have a system that no longer works.

Top Bottom