XF 2.0 Xenforo "Database Error" after migration to new server

I'm looking for a paid resource to help me fix my forum. It's a long story, but I had to change servers with my host. After they moved my data to the new server all I get is a "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

I can supply much more detail, but right now I'm 3 days into this battle and out of my pay grade. I need to hire a professional to help me through this. Does Xenforo offer paid support? Is there someone here that does paid support?

I understand I'm being a little forward and not supplying much information. At this point I just need help and I'm happy to pay for it.

I look forward to any recommendations.

-John

The actual error being returned for me is An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later..

You can enable debug mode in src/config.php to try and get more details.
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;

Viewing the browser console I see a 500 error, which is a generic web server error.

Ask your host to check the server error log - that should help with identifying the cause.

I provide support free of charge here on the forum.

If you carry out the steps I listed above, you will most likely be able to get your forum up and running in a short space of time.

I'm pretty sure it's database relate (sorry if that's obvious). In my new cPanel the only SQL database has a different name than the one listed in Config.php - I do have a local copy of the database that I downloaded BEFORE they did the migration.

It looks like the migration failed or the database is not accessible - the error refers to an undefined index.

When you migrate servers you need to copy the MySQL database and the server files.

If the database on the new server has different credentials (database name, user, password), then you need to update the src/config.php file with those.

Were you able to resolve this, @John Walton ?

Web Hosting support are usually great with migration assistance too. I've had various ones in the past assist with migrations and do the database setups. Don't hesitate to reach out to them.

Thanks to Brogan's suggestions the site is back up, it was a database issue (it got renamed with the migration).

Now that the site is up and running it seems to be running slowly. I've done everything I can find on the admin side of Xenforo to no avail. Debug = true is still on and the server isn't logging any errors.

I'm running version 2.0.1 - which I believe is the most recent version of Xenforo.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-John

Huh, I just checked the customer portal on Xenforo.com and it says I can download version 2.2.0 yet when I went to xxx/install it says "You are already running the current version (2.0.1)".

Maybe I need to upgrade?

-John

My fun continues Brogan. We've been "up" for about a week now. I've upgraded everything I can find (other than the templates, I'm working on that).

The site is SLOW and the server is throwing a lot of errors. I'm open to any suggestions you may have. No doubt my host owns some of the problems we've had, but I think there is more to it. Here are some of the server errors:

1602943845796.webp

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-John

Brogan - I found another post that you recommended contacting your host. Which I did (I'm REALLY beginning to doubt them now) here is their reply to my "Too many connections" question:

1602947816827.webp

I thought I had already done every database optimization I could find, but I'll go try again.

Thanks,

-John

Top Bottom