Xenforo Cookies broke üäö subpages

crafter2345

Hello!
I switched from apache to nginx. Good.
I have the forum in the root and a /wiki. If I want to go to a wiki page with a üö or ä the ü get to a ü and so far so that I can't join the page. If I delete the cookies it works. But with apache it worked every time.
Why XenForo Cookies do that with nginx so weird? Or do I make something wrong?

Last edited:
With XenForo 2.2.5 the problem still persits. On my subdomaines like for example shop.mydomain.com the äöü are normal visible. And still, if I delete the cache and dont accept it, the äöü work in my own created /wiki site in the root html dictionary. And the problem wasn't there with apache2 so something with the cookies and nginx, and I think my nginx config is fine cause why it should work in the shop.mydomain.com subdomain and not on the domain?

I am running XenForo in nginx for years and years... never had issues with umlauts.

That sounds that you have some differences betwenn all your settings. Be sure that all are set to the same (e.g. UTF-8 german).

I meanwhile changed to MB and have emojies in some URL's like it is possible also here:
With apache2 it worked and with nginx on other domains on the same server. If I delete the cookied out of the cache the umlauts are working. So it should be xenforo cookies problems.

If it really is a XF cookie problem, than you should also have the problems with apache. It is a problem with your server or nginx settings for your XF.
I think when I tested it with apache2 it was the 2.2.2 and I switched to nginx and I mentioned first on 2.2.4, between I didnt visited the site.
But its kinda weird when I delete the cookied it works. That confuses me completely.

I have the forum in the root and a /wiki. If I want to go to a wiki page with a üö or ä the ü get to a ü and so far so that I can't join the page. If I delete the cookies it works. But with apache it worked every time.
Is it right that the problem is the wiki and not XenForo? Pages in XenForo are working with äöü?
Which software is the wiki?

Is it right that the problem is the wiki and not XenForo? Pages in XenForo are working with äöü?
Which software is the wiki?
I coded it myself a year ago when I had apache2 and xenforo 2.2.2. I mentioned that it doesnt function with nginx and xenforo 2.2.4.
What I found out, if I delete the cookies and go to the wiki which is as example domain.de/wiki I can simply go to the üäö pages.
I tested it on the same system on another domain as example domain2.de/wiki it works too.

Top Bottom