xenforo.com server

Quite a few webhosts that don't offer dedicated hosting do that exact thing... rent out a bunch of boxes from like... ovh or something, and then drop webservers and resell the webserver space

I would say that almost every host in existence does that. I don't know a single datacenter that offers shared hosting anymore, and very few offer VPS hosting (there are a few exceptions...mainly cloud), simply because there isn't any money to be made in it for them. They're more interested in selling rack space and dedicated servers. So if you're buying a VPS or lower, chances are the company is either renting boxes somewhere, or has them co-lo, which still puts them more or less out of control of the company, and in the hands of the datacenter/datacenter technicians. Burst.net was the only company I know of that offered dedicated/rack space all the way down to shared hosting, and we know what happened to them. ;)

here is latest stats for my damn 1core 3 gigs , ssd , witch sitegound for forum
95864c2894d9f2b0498b0833cfd64f63.png

I've used digital ocean and linode

linode tends to win on CPU while digital ocean, at the lower tiers, wins on bandwidth and loses at the higher

Top Bottom