xenForo Cloud with Wordpress

Connie8

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking around here trying to learn about xenForo and have seen similar questions to mine asked before (I think). But sadly, as a non-technical person, I've been confused by the answers. So here's my attempt to obtain clarification.

I run a Wordpress site that's hosted by SiteGround and want to add a forum to it. Yes, I could use a native Wordpress solution, but xenForo seems a much better choice. My aim is to run xenForo Cloud so as not to deal with the technical hosting stuff.

I need the forum to look like an integral part of my site with access from the top navigation (as macrumors.com does) although there doesn't need to be much connectivity between the forum and the rest of the site in reality.

So here's the question. Will xenForo Cloud work if set up as a subdomain from my WordPress site (e.g. forum.mysite.com)? Or is there an alternative approach that I've not considered? Do I need any special add-ons? (I definitely do not have the skills to run xenForo on SiteGround, so that's a non-starter for me).

Thanks in advance for your help.
Connie

Will xenForo Cloud work if set up as a subdomain from my WordPress site (e.g. forum.mysite.com)?
Yes.

WordPress will continue to be hosted with your current host and XF would be hosted by us.

If you want to integrate the two then I believe there are third party add-ons available for that.

Top Bottom