XenForo Branding Removal

Why branding removal?

I'm thinking for a few explanation:
- someone want to hide his choice for xenforo platform from other community competitors? But here are many ways to find out what platform is behind generated html... and css, js files... a simple comparison to xenforo demo... not to mention that a custom theme must be installed... the theme developer also want a link...
- to disable "link juice" for xenforo?

Why branding removal in the first place?

For me, the purpose would be to "hide" my choice from phpBB, myBB competitors....

Why branding removal?

I'm thinking for a few explanation:
- someone want to hide his choice for xenforo platform from other community competitors? But here are many ways to find out what platform is behind generated html... and css, js files... a simple comparison to xenforo demo... not to mention that a custom theme must be installed... the theme developer also want a link...
- to disable "link juice" for xenforo?

Why branding removal in the first place?

For me, the purpose would be to "hide" my choice from phpBB, myBB competitors....

I guess it is probably just XenForo allowing those the choice to utilise the software without the branding. Some big boards want to use it, some small boards want to use it. Just down to the personal preference of the license holder. :)

Source code contains many "xenforo"s ... so it's kinda "half" branding removal. In my opinion branding removal is suppose to remove all "hints" about the software origin.
I would pay $250 for a complete removal.

Code:
<html id="XenForo"

<script src="js/xenforo/xenforo.js?_v=4c6fd8cc"></script>

<meta property="og:image" content="http://domain.com/styles/flatawesome/xenforo/avatars/avatar_m.png" />

jQuery.extend(true, XenForo,
{

and so forth...

Obviously, it's not going to happen' :sneaky:

It would be impossible to remove reference to XF in the code - it is completely structured around the use of xenforo, xen, etc.

That would be proprietary software, which would likely cost two or three more 0's ;)

Obviously a mass search and replace for just the front end files would probably work, but at that point you might have better luck starting from scratch.

Why does it matter anyway?

Top Bottom