XenForo - Beta Release with vB migration utility

Rob

I think it would greatly help the beta process if a migration tool was rolled out with the beta version but then that may just be wishful thinking.

Can Mike or Kier confirm if a migration tool from vB -> XF will be included in the beta release or will we need to wait until a stable release version surfaces?

Thanks guys

This is great news.

I was on the verge of renewing the VB licence when I stumbled on the news of Xenforo, so have been holding off until I saw what was happening withi this before wasting my money on a sub-standard VB, so the beta date release, along with the promised VB migration, is just what I was looking for.

Will be purchasing as soon as it's released, great work guys.

I'm a bit upset that I renewed my VB license right before I heard of XenForo... but at least XF is only $100.

Will the VB migration tool be for VB4? or only VB3?

Excellent, by good fortune I'm running vB 3.x so am looking forward to trying this. As it's beta I'll be duplicating my database first (so the source is not used!) before running the import in case it goes tits up.

I really do hope that with the gold version that it will include a vb 4 migration utility, that'd be a show stopper for me :/
I'm still on the 3.8 series, so although this wouldn't be a showstopper for me personally, I hope a VB 4 importer is developed before XF 1.0 Gold. If for anything, as a way to help out the innocent.

That being said, I thought I heard rumblings of it from somewhere.

Top Bottom