Xenforo -- Because it works

Adam Howard

XenForo 1.2 was a major release. So major that it not only added new features, but completely changed the editor, which is part of the core of any forum software, and changed the default style into a mobile friendly responsive style.

And the difference between XenForo and the competition... It works.

But not only does it work, its virtually bug free, with only 8 open bug at the time of this posting. I recall 2 other major, well known, development projects experiencing a world of troubles when changing their editor's.

And I don't know any current development other than XenForo who offers mobile compatibility out of the box at no extra cost, without an app, or the need for a 2nd mobile skin, and keeping all the same features and options the same ...ie.. What you get on your desktop, you get with your mobile.

XenForo... It works

Good job @Kier @Ashley and @Mike

Yes, a working forum software is great. Some years ago I thought this would be usual and there was no need to mention it, but the current days tell me it is not. :p

Then I guess the competition's tagline should be "...Because it doesn't completely suck"

The thread title, sounds like a TV Commercial in my country. :D

"Trust me, it works."

I started laughing when I read the title (it genuinely made me laugh).

Picture the commercial in the late 80s. Woman running along the beach, all in slow motion and for some odd reason she's still got a smile on her face (having monthly woman troubles) I'm guessing "Because it works" and it reminded me of those commercials with the cheesy taglines. :LOL: #bodyform #becauseitworks

@Adam Howard - That is up there with "More waiting is required" I somehow think this may just catch on. Why? because it works. :D

Jokery aside. Excellent work Devs I'm very happy with 1.2. because-it-works.webp

Last edited:
@Shelley

Re-reading my post... The title does read a little like a commercial. Of course that wasn't my intention, but being on a mobile wireless, my wording is usually "short" (not long winded).

Never the less, the message behind it is true. XenForo has done it better than the competition, who had words of troubles after adding a new editor or mobile support.

And they (XenForo) did so without adding any extra cost, without extra resources, without extra requirements, and without sacrificing any experience (what you get on the desktop, you get on your mobile)

@Shelley

Re-reading my post... The title does read a little like a commercial. Of course that wasn't my intention, but being on a mobile wireless, my wording is usually "short" (not long winded).

Never the less, the message behind it is true. XenForo has done it better than the competition, who had words of troubles after adding a new editor or mobile support.

And they (XenForo) did so without adding any extra cost, without extra resources, without extra requirements, and without sacrificing any experience (what you get on the desktop, you get on your mobile)

I like the title. It's catchy and it made me chuckle nothing wrong with it whatsoever. :)

And Agree, xenforo always does it better << there ya go again another one "because we do it better" :D

XenForo is the best forum software ever, but in order to be perfect it needs basic user album functionality (with likes, comments and so) in the core.

@Mike is the best forum programmer in the world. Period.

XenForo is the best forum software ever, but in order to be perfect it needs basic user album functionality (with likes, comments and so) in the core.

People need all the things :D

And I don't know any current development other than XenForo who offers mobile compatibility out of the box at no extra cost, without an app, or the need for a 2nd mobile skin, and keeping all the same features and options the same ...ie.. What you get on your desktop, you get with your mobile.

Totally agree! :)

I disagree. <controversy />

Ehhh, it works perfectly fine as is that's true though i am hoping with the next release that certain features(Such as multi-quote being built in the software) among other things will make it in.

But as the title says...It works :)

I hope for no soon future releases, that one of the thing i loved about xenforo , its stability and not worrying about contentiously updating the system for bugs and newer releases like some other forum soft wears

Top Bottom