XF 1.1 XenForo appearance on BlackBerry

OverHere

Until a few days ago this forum was appearing nicely squared out on my BlackBerry Bold. Now, I don't see the right side bar which included Members Online Now and Forum Stats.

Instead Members Online Now and Forum Stats are now appearing at the bottom of the site.

Also the Share box has vanished - this also used to appear on the right side bar.

What has happened? Has the layout been changed?

Scroll down, it should be below the node list. 1.2 is responsive, and that's the default behavior.

I already said I see it at the bottom but what do you mean its 'responsive'? Responsive to what? It looks a mess now - and where is the share box gone?

1.2 was also appearing with the Forum Stats etc appearing on the right side?

Don't tell me its gona stay like this?

It's going to stay like this, its a 1.2 feature. You can disable it on your forum if you so wish.

A responsive design 'responds' to the width of the screen and shows/hides/rearranges stuff to fit the screen. Take your browser and make it change the width and see XenForo change.

It's going to stay like this, its a 1.2 feature. You can disable it on your forum if you so wish.

A responsive design 'responds' to the width of the screen and shows/hides/rearranges stuff to fit the screen. Take your browser and make it change the width and see XenForo change.

I am using 1.1 but say I was using 1.2 what is the exact option that I would disable?

As for the width I don't think its doable on a BB but if I assume that if I change it on a desktop then, provided the 'option' you talk about is disabled by a site owner and I change my width then it would all appear as before?

Then, again, even if the 'option' is disabled it wouldn't occur to most people that they need to change their width to see everything - it smacks of vBulletin weaknesses.

This is not a good idea in my view coz if a site owner doesn't disable the 'option' you talk about then I assume people will never be able to see that site in full.

No, there is no desktop mode built into XenForo besides turning off Responsive. The option is a per-theme Style Property (@enableResponsive).

Yes, if the option was disabled, your site would look the same for every width, if you have enabled the option for responsive it will change accordingly. This was announced and described in May:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/responsive-design.50888/

Also, these forums should have changed appearance on Blackberry when Alpha 1 was installed here.

No, there is no desktop mode built into XenForo besides turning off Responsive. The option is a per-theme Style Property (@enableResponsive).

Yes, if the option was disabled, your site would look the same for every width, if you have enabled the option for responsive it will change accordingly. This was announced and described in May:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/responsive-design.50888/

Also, these forums should have changed appearance on Blackberry when Alpha 1 was installed here.

So this forum has enabled the Responsive option correct? And this means that the forum will pick and choose what to show on my BB, right?

And if this forum disables the Responsive action then I would see everything on my BB as is the case with www.satisfy.tv which I see infull on my BB now, correct?

Yes. It isn't choosing to hide things based on your phone, its all based on screen width (ie, things such as share are disabled on iPhones as well as Blackberry).

Yes. It isn't choosing to hide things based on your phone, its all based on screen width (ie, things such as share are disabled on iPhones as well as Blackberry).

1. Ok so if I upgrade to 1.2 and then disable the Responsive option then my site will appear in full on both mobiles and desktops, with stuff like Share, everything, appearing fully on my site?

2. And, if you don't mind, can you please see quickly if the XenPorta photo slide at www.satisfy.tv is appearing exactly as it does at www.mobitog.com or is the slide at satisfy.tv extending to the right side, overlapping the right side bar/Shoubox etc.?

Kind quickly see on both your desktop and on your mobile also.

(I can see mobitog's slide perfectly on both my desktop and on my BB but at satisfy.tv the slide is extending to the right and overlapping the Shoutbox etc.).

Thank you.

Top Bottom