XF 1.4 Xenforo and Wordpress friendly force WWW in URL?

WoodiE

On one of my XF sites I have wordpress installed on the root directory and xenforo installed in the /forums folder. What I'd like to do is to force all non-www traffic to include the www prefix. Right now it only kind of works, if I go to MYDOMAIN.com it redirects to www.MYDOMAIN.com, so far so good.

But if I go to MYDOMAIN.com/forum it redirects me to the main page, which I can then click on the forum link in the menu (www included) and the forum loads. However I'm not able to just type MYDOMAIN.com/forum and it redirects to www.MYDOMAIN.com/forum

Here is the root .htaccess file
Code:
<FILES .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</FILES>
##
#         FORCE NON-WWW to WWW URLS
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^MYDOMAIN.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/$1 [R=301,L]
#         DISALLOW DIRECTORY BROWSING
Options ALL -Indexes
##
#         ENABLE GZIP COMPRESSION
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript
</IfModule>
##
#        EXPIRES CACHING
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresActive On
ExpiresByType image/jpg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/css "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/html "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access 1 month"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access 1 year"
ExpiresDefault "access 1 month"
</IfModule>
##
#        PHPBAY START
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
# this goes above ANY Wordpress htaccess code in the .htaccess file
# if your site is installed in a folder, ie: http://www.yoursite.com/folder/
# add the folder to name to the RewriteBase line, ie: RewriteBase /folder/
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^media/1/images/e/(.*)$ http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/pict/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^media/1/images/f/(.*)$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/media/images/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^media/1/css/(.*)$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/media/css/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5&linktype=watch&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&linktype=watch&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&linktype=watch&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&linktype=watch&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5&linktype=watch [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&linktype=watch [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&linktype=watch [R,L]
RewriteRule ^watch-list-(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&linktype=watch [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bid-(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^bin-(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_debug.html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&mode=debug [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4&campaignid=$5 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3&ccid=$4 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2&country=$3 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^item-(.*)_(.*).html$ wp-content/plugins/phpBay/auction.php?title=$1&item=$2 [R,L]
</IfModule>
#        PHPBAY END
##
#        FILTER PHP SCRIPT INJECTIONS
#Options +FollowSymLinks
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR]
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]
#RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [F,L]
##
#        WORDPRESS START
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>
#        WORDPRESS END

And this is the htaccess file from my Xenforo forum.

Code:
# PREVENT VIEWING OF .HTACCESS
<Files .htaccess>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Files>
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^MYDOMAIN\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    # RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    RewriteBase /forum

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

If I remove the redirect bit from my /forum htaccess file the forum is then accessible from either www or non-www.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Amendment to your XF .htaccess:

Rich (BB code):
# PREVENT VIEWING OF .HTACCESS
<Files .htaccess>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
</Files>
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^MYDOMAIN\.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.MYDOMAIN.com/forum/$1 [R=301,L]
</IfModule>
#
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    # RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    RewriteBase /forum

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Also, is XF in /forum or /forums? You said /forums but then I see /forum as your RewriteBase. Make sure you use the correct directory.

Top Bottom