XF 2.1 Xenforo and cloudflare problem

_PkZ_

I am using XF 2.1.4

So i have this problem in the admin-section when accessing Groups/permissions -> Moderators..
I have a lot of forums and moderaqtors so the page takes 1-2 minutes to load. That makes cloudflare give an error for backend timeout. This means i am unable to edit moderators on my forum. Cloudflare expects some reply in like 90 seconds i think. Could that page be runs as a "job" or something so that while loading the page there is regularly feedback like a progress-indicator. I really want to use CF so i hope there is some workaround for this issue.

So i have this problem in the admin-section when accessing Groups/permissions -> Moderators..
I have a lot of forums and moderators so the page takes 1-2 minutes to load. That makes cloudflare give an error for backend timeout. This means i am unable to edit moderators on my forum. Cloudflare expects some reply in like 90 seconds i think.
Good grief. Just how many moderators does your forum have? 1-2 minutes to load a page is insane.

What type of hosting do you have? I suspect you're maxing out your server resources and that this is the problem rather than Cloudflare. How fast is the rest of the forum? How many members are online at a time?

One of the forums I assist is using Cloudflare and has had no issues like this even though the server resources are a little on the low side there as well.

Good grief. Just how many moderators does your forum have? 1-2 minutes to load a page is insane.

What type of hosting do you have? I suspect you're maxing out your server resources and that this is the problem rather than Cloudflare. How fast is the rest of the forum? How many members are online at a time?

One of the forums I assist is using Cloudflare and has had no issues like this even though the server resources are a little on the low side there as well.
I am hosting my own server and have ~100MB internet on that one. I have like ~1500 forums. I dont think thats the mod-number that is the problem but the number of forums. I think i have in total ~100 mods.

The forum itself is running very smooth and page load in fraction of a second. I dont have huge visitor count at the same time so i dont think thats the problem. Its "behind" in the admin area... and only the moderator section.

Btw - i have the same problem when adding/editing nodes/forums. Takes forever to "build permissions"...
Maybe XF is not suitable for my amount of forums.

Top Bottom