1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo addictions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by kyrgyz, Sep 28, 2010.

1. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

XenForo's likes and trophy points are addictive. They make you wanna post more and more and more. I also never thought that avatars can give your personalization such a touch. Just by going through forums and seeing my avatar next to threads started and participated makes me wanna post more and more and more and again and again. I find taking part in vB and IPB powered boards as an yesterday experience.
    CurveGotti, Jethro, JBlaze and 5 others like this.
  2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Very true :)
  3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

The way XenForo's UI is designed/implemented has the feel of both a community experience and a personal experience. It is quite an accomplishment, and a testament to Kier's and Mike's high level of expertise and insight. :)
    CurveGotti and Kier like this.
  4. Floris

Floris Guest

Quite true. It's a fun thing to use and to keep using. It is compulsive and I don't mind. It's keeping things interesting while being provoked to participate in discussions. Same as the news-feed function. :)
    CurveGotti, Peggy and Kier like this.
  5. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

May I ask why they make you wanna post more and more and more?

Personally I don''t feel the urge to post more and more because of the things mentioned above. To me it is all about the content.
  6. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

I guess that's because I feel being accepted or being a part of a group. XenForo instantly screams: "Look somebody appreciates you", "People like your input". Xenforo becomes a ghost medium and bridges you with people's minds on spot. I call it conversations on steroids. We are now one step closer to the Matrix.:)
    Peggy and soloarquitectura like this.
  7. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. Thanks for your explanation. I am happy for you :)
  8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I very much agree with you both.
  9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I stated this before I don't really think it's the actual Like/Trophy system as we've seen it in the past but it's the way it's being delivered. Thank goodness for that little red notification I say :)
    Jethro likes this.