XenForo addictions

MilesDB

XenForo's likes and trophy points are addictive. They make you wanna post more and more and more. I also never thought that avatars can give your personalization such a touch. Just by going through forums and seeing my avatar next to threads started and participated makes me wanna post more and more and more and again and again. I find taking part in vB and IPB powered boards as an yesterday experience.

The way XenForo's UI is designed/implemented has the feel of both a community experience and a personal experience. It is quite an accomplishment, and a testament to Kier's and Mike's high level of expertise and insight. :)

Quite true. It's a fun thing to use and to keep using. It is compulsive and I don't mind. It's keeping things interesting while being provoked to participate in discussions. Same as the news-feed function. :)

XenForo's likes and trophy points are addictive. They make you wanna post more and more and more. I also never thought that avatars can give your personalization such a touch. Just by going through forums and seeing my avatar next to threads started and participated makes me wanna post more and more and more and again and again. I find taking part in vB and IPB powered boards as an yesterday experience.

May I ask why they make you wanna post more and more and more?

Personally I don''t feel the urge to post more and more because of the things mentioned above. To me it is all about the content.

May I ask why they make you wanna post more and more and more?
I guess that's because I feel being accepted or being a part of a group. XenForo instantly screams: "Look somebody appreciates you", "People like your input". Xenforo becomes a ghost medium and bridges you with people's minds on spot. I call it conversations on steroids. We are now one step closer to the Matrix.:)

I guess that's because I feel being accepted or being a part of a group. XenForo instantly screams: "Look somebody appreciates you", "People like your input". Xenforo becomes a ghost medium and bridges you with people's minds on spot. I call it conversations on steroids. We are now one step closer to the Matrix.:)

Ah, ok. Thanks for your explanation. I am happy for you :)

Quite true. It's a fun thing to use and to keep using. It is compulsive and I don't mind. It's keeping things interesting while being provoked to participate in discussions. Same as the news-feed function. :)

I very much agree with you both.

I stated this before I don't really think it's the actual Like/Trophy system as we've seen it in the past but it's the way it's being delivered. Thank goodness for that little red notification I say :)

Top Bottom