XF 1.3 Xenforo Accessibility for the blind?

lukeywn

Hello guys,

I have set up Xenforo and its working very well. I do however have a gentleman who is blind & relies upon screen readers and the like to navigate the net, he can use twitter and facebook and all that... but has trouble navigating our Xenforo setup and doesn't seem able to post etc.

I am wondering if there is anything I could put in place to make this a bit more screen reader friendly and allow him to use the forums with reasonable ease?

I am not an expert on the technology that people without sight use to use the internet unfortunately, so not really sure how to go about this. Any help would be appreciated in accomodating him/others with a similar setup though.

Cheers

Luke

This is the first report I've seen of a lack of accessibility. Obviously, it's hard for us to do a proper test ourselves, but I believe we do generally follow best practices. Does he have any particular comments?

In terms of posting, it's possible his setup has problems with the rich text editor? That could be disabled in preferences.

Top Bottom