Xenforo 2 vs 1. What are your impressions?

The result of the discussion is quite clear.
All forum owners would recommend XF2 regardless of what it's being comparing with.
By thinking about the future, it would be right to adapt to the new version.
The new features that come with the Xenforo 2.1 is very good.
XF Team's response to the incoming requests is pleasing.

Last edited:
Unless you have custom addons for XF1 you cannot live without (or don't have the money to update), there is not a single good reason I can think of why one should stay with XF1.

XF2 with the new upcoming 2.1 is in every aspect better. I also like the default design of XF2 much more than XF1.

It's growing on me - the default feature set is looking more and more compelling. Emoji support and video uploads appeal. I've browsed through the available plugins and there's a lot there now, most aspects of my 1.5 site can be replicated. Most of what doesn't appeal, as always, is cosmetic anyway and can easily be tweaked. Round avatars? Not on my forum ☠:)

I've got XF 2.0 running in a dev site (live is 1.5) and I'm pleased so far. Not sure I prefer it to 1 as of yet, but I'd put them equal at least. I only have three add-ons in use on live and was able to replicate most of the look (and improve it a bit) using out-of-box. Meaning I have, as of yet, no add-ons in my 2.0 dev. And that's just me tinkering before I turn my stylist loose on it, which may happen soon. Who knows what he'll do with it.:D

That said, we've been pretty happy with 1.5 and weren't really in a hurry to upgrade until I started seeing the HYS for 2.1. We're a small board without much of a budget so a major upgrade requiring getting the stylist back in isn't going to happen until we feel we need it.

Top Bottom