Xenforo 2 vs 1. What are your impressions?

As soon as xf2.1 is released and all major addons are ported, XF2 will be much better than xf1. Currently, I find XF1 better as it has a richer addon offering. Im sure this will soon change.

As soon as xf2.1 is released and all major addons are ported, XF2 will be much better than xf1. Currently, I find XF1 better as it has a richer addon offering. Im sure this will soon change.

Does it mean there is better support for the developers to move their addons from 1 to 2 in xenforo 2.1 ? Or you just expect with time they will simply move their addons to xf2?

I would focus on XF2 and not XF1. However, for some addons you will need to wait until those are ported to XF2.
Not all addons will be ported to XF2, so you need to check the resource discussions to check if there are plans to update the addon. In most cases a XF2 version is underway.

Faster? Nah, not really..
With default settings? Yes, XF2 ist definitly faster than XF1 as it is eval()-free; XF1 (with default settings) does use eval() for all templates and does always use eval() for generating Proxy-Classes.

I guess I will just disable all addons since they don't work with xenforo 2 and will look for new addons after this.
Of course. You will need to upgrade your add-ons with XenForo 2, if compatible
Like it or not pretty much all the third party devs and XF devs are now 100% developing solely for XF2 so there's really no choice in the matter other than when to make the jump.
When I upgraded, I was happy to get rid of all the cluttered - outdated add ons I had, and guess what, not one member even noticed! (Except the @Snog Flag add on and the @Luke F old reactions add on...)
;)

Top Bottom